bondi butcher

I'm very disappointed in you little grasshopper.

I thought I taught you better than this?

You should have turned away like GT said and be a better tinter for it but life is a learning curve and I'd never want to hear again on here that you sold your soul to the other devil.

The bush drive would have been the only highlight in a day from hell where hack work prevailed because of your selected clientele and his cars.

Devil

mate your 100% right.....

Gotta admit, i did sell myself hey. all for a days work. Now im going to have to redo the car, and i gotta figure out how to get it started to get it somewhere first.

make no mistake, this wont be happening again.

Had a job today to do 3 cars for a customer at his place out in the sticks.

Got there and the first was an old accord which (no lie) blew a cloud of dust when I started it to drive it into the tin shed crammed full of shite where the shed and the car had spider webs..... actually went on okay, but the rear screen sucked a sand pit in from the roof lining when I put on the rear screen.... and I didn't touch the film, my head hit it as I climbed in the back....

Second was a vs ute.... had tint that had gone clear but was told just tint on top of it because the original tint was fine. In 5%....

That was okay. ... not my best but I guess okay given the circumstances. ....

Next vx sedan. Remove n re tint. Film came off in pieces and was a nightmare. There was no room to peel yet the shed was as big as my shop. Kept losing tools trims were a dog to get off. Windows didn't work and I found myself with a screwdriver tapping the metal tags inside the window switch bed in the front for all 4 windows. Rear screen had a rear spoiler that covered the top half of the film so had to install and shrink again on the inside and I creased it. All cars seemed to be in a rush to get out as I was doing them so I didn't even have time to fix things.

I got paid and one of the owners who was watching (and really was and good kid and gave me a good hand even cleaning some of the glue off the rear screen as he was in a rush for a job interview - so I flipped him 50 bucks for being a good sport)

And he said it was fine...

But I know it ain't. I'm dreading a call from one of the owners complaining..... The job was an hour away from me in the bush. I would definitely want him to come to my shop so I can redo it even if he doesn't complain but what can I do? I went there because he didn't wanna come out. Do feel bad and definitely wasn't a good enough job in my opinion. Put some film on the ute with the film already on and when I squeegeed out I could see the adhesive distortion in the film.....

Job was f****d and all in 5%. Felt like a dodgy mobile guy.

What do you guys reckon I should do? I got paid for it but I almost feel like ringing him up crying saying it wasn't my fault haha.

In all honesty it was terrible conditions wind blowing everywhere in a cramped rusty tin shed with webs and dirt everywhere and dodgy cars that didn't have windows that worked so on one hand I'm like we'll what do u want me to do, but on a professional side I felt like telling him I couldn't take his money.....

Which I definitely did take

Any thoughts?

Dayum! You installed more 5% in one day then I do in a year! :lol As far as your sand pit back glass, you could always try saving a few old release liners from other jobs. When a headliner is that dirty, tuck some of the release liner between the headliner and roof and pull the liner towards the middle of the headliner and tape it up to keep stuff from falling into the film in case your head does accidentally hit it.
[emoji651] [emoji651] [emoji651]

Good advice right there.

ive been in similar situation before, on the phone i was told i had 3 ba falcons to tint at a house in the sticks

get there and its 2 ba's and one same year but a fairmont ghia, one of the BA's was a retint which i was not told about i also requested a garage large enough to open all 4 doors and  suitable lighting, well they held up to their side of the deal they had a big shed but it was full of stuff and other cars and i couldn't use it lol

removed tint off one BA  retinted it , tinted the fairmont then ran out of daylight had to drive back there the following day to do the other car

this si why i rarelyyyyy do any mobile work anymore and if the conditions are bad i tell them straight up they wont have the highest quality job and sometimes just say bring it to me if the conditions are too bad (wind / dust/ no lights)

ive been in similar situation before, on the phone i was told i had 3 ba falcons to tint at a house in the sticks

get there and its 2 ba's and one same year but a fairmont ghia, one of the BA's was a retint which i was not told about i also requested a garage large enough to open all 4 doors and suitable lighting, well they held up to their side of the deal they had a big shed but it was full of stuff and other cars and i couldn't use it lol

removed tint off one BA retinted it , tinted the fairmont then ran out of daylight had to drive back there the following day to do the other car

this si why i rarelyyyyy do any mobile work anymore and if the conditions are bad i tell them straight up they wont have the highest quality job and sometimes just say bring it to me if the conditions are too bad (wind / dust/ no lights)

Yeah kinda not doing that again. How was Thailand? Did your mate with the A4 ring you? What are you doing these days are you busy? PM me your number again mates

Archived