Grandmas and Grandpas

I love doing work for these older citizens.

Did a nice job yesterday at a retirement village.

Countless times I was asked by the members if I would like a drink and even food if I was hungry.

Hell I even had a little old lady ask if I needed a hand putting up the scaffold I needed?

I've never had a bad experience with these sorts of customers and they ALWAYS say THANK YOU when I finish.

So appreciative they are!

I love doing work for these older citizens.

Did a nice job yesterday at a retirement village.

Countless times I was asked by the members if I would like a drink and even food if I was hungry.

Hell I even had a little old lady ask if I needed a hand putting up the scaffold I needed?

I've never had a bad experience with these sorts of customers and they ALWAYS say THANK YOU when I finish.

So appreciative they are!

Last nursing home I tinted, the old dear straight out asked me if I would like a hand....not the same sort of hand you were offered but.

I only wish I was kidding.

I've heard bad stories about nursing homes.

I quoted one a couple months ago.

The smell, the bad vibe I got from the place and how sad I thought it was for the poor souls locked up inside.

I quoted so high that I made sure I didn't get the job.

I hate those places!!!

Old folks are the best. I've got so many stories of their hospitality. Just about all offer a drink, plenty have offered food and a few have served meals for breakfast/lunch with no option of refusal. I love talking with them, even the crotchety ones with sour dispositions on life. Still a lot to be learned from them. Especially love hearing stories from the veterans and about their service to our country. :thumb

That said, I had one on the bad end of the spectrum yesterday. Really nice lady but very particular, asked me if I could take away a couple old blinds I was pulling down. I said sure no problem. Well by the end of the job she had scoured her whole house for things that she needed thrown away and I had a pile of crap that would barely fit in my truck. Then as I had just loaded up the last bit of junk she asked if I would be a "good young man" and help her take down all her curtain rods and window dressings so I could throw those away as well. I had to break it to her that I already took more than I should have and she may just have to make a dump run.........but I did take down all the crap for her :facepalm2

Of course you took her crap Eastwood , I wouldn't have expected any less from you.

I get the same thing from my elderly customers, the reality is they usually are not physically capable of doing these things themselves but may not want to admit it and their family is neglectful of them or worse.

And the experience and stories they have. I have met retired politicians- members of parliament,mayors, councillors, plenty of career soldiers, builders, aeronautical engineers, corporate executives the list just goes on. I have learned never to underestimate them and just write them off as another old fogie, a lot of them have achieved great things in their lives

Some of the best customers you will ever be lucky enough to have.

i went to do a mobile job on a 2014 honda crv at a elderly customers house. they just bought a nwe crv but saved money by buying a base model.......by getting the base they lost alot of options but the wife had to have her windows tinted again.......while at their house they said i didnt have an option to say no (lol) and brought me out pizza and drinks on a folding dinner table. i was tired, happy, and full at the end of that job

Unfortunately both my grandparents and my great aunt spent their last days in a nursing home. On one of my visits, we were in the gathering room where they spent much of the day, and there was a 350 SF wall of glass that made it very difficult to watch the only TV the seniors had. I approached the manager and to,d him what I did for work and he said he doubted they had the money in the fiscal budget to film the windows. We ended up donating out services and material to do it. My initial intention was to make my grand parents more comfortable while they were there, but we got no less than 15 other seniors thanking us for doing it as well as their family members.

Archived