Suntek Ultra Vision 40 failure

Is anyone having any issues with this film? I have been using it for several years and just recently having leopard looking spots. Looks like metal may be disappearing from solution as it is drying.

It is showing up quickly. Not having any of this with ULV 50

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone having any issues with this film? I have been using it for several years and just recently having leopard looking spots. Looks like metal may be disappearing from solution as it is drying.

It is showing up quickly. Not having any of this with ULV 50

Like this ...... ?

fbda3708-b7b1-414c-bb21-79bdf7faca80.jpg

Don't know what it looked like from exterior.

This is an interior photo. You can see it mainly in the middle left side of photo. Its hard to get a pic and you  can only see it at certain angles.

Turned in a claim they denied the 1st one saying that it froze before it dried. 

I did some other jobs the same week as the "frozen" one but a different Suntek film and no issues. I have used this film for at least 6 years and have not had this happen before this year.

The 2nd claim was recent and they paid that one. So then I went back and asked for payment on the 1st one and now they are saying they paid the 2nd as a courtesy. 

Someone else had the same issue with a different brand in the winter and that brand paid the claim.

Seems with this an my previous brand they always say I am the only one having problems. The previous brand I had some abnormal dirt issues and I thought I was installing wrong until I started noticing dirt and hairs in the film on the roll while on the film handler. By that time I had redone so many out of pocket thinking it was my error.

I have also seen this spotting on a third brand of film used by a competitor so I don't think it is specifically SunTek

post-27466-0-20998900-1413036651_thumb.j

This is an interior photo. You can see it mainly in the middle left side of photo. Its hard to get a pic and you  can only see it at certain angles.

I did some other jobs the same week as the "frozen" one but a different Suntek film and no issues. I have used this film for at least 6 years and have not had this happen before this year.

The 2nd claim was recent and they paid that one. So then I went back and asked for payment on the 1st one and now they are saying they paid the 2nd as a courtesy. 

Someone else had the same issue with a different brand in the winter and that brand paid the claim.

Seems with this an my previous brand they always say I am the only one having problems. The previous brand I had some abnormal dirt issues and I thought I was installing wrong until I started noticing dirt and hairs in the film on the roll while on the film handler. By that time I had redone so many out of pocket thinking it was my error.

I have also seen this spotting on a third brand of film used by a competitor so I don't think it is specifically SunTek

Well if was water the spots that had caused this they would have been round and any water left behind after an install would not fade the film, that looks like a manufacturing issue, you should have noticed that when cutting the film, however you did not see contamination before so now you need to eye phuck the film more as you are cutting it.

How old was this install ................ ?

Well if was water the spots that had caused this they would have been round and any water left behind after an install would not fade the film, that looks like a manufacturing issue, you should have noticed that when cutting the film, however you did not see contamination before so now you need to eye phuck the film more as you are cutting it.

It is not on the film. It is from areas after the water has dried. you can see the pattern a  squeegee would make in some of the windows and it is directional.

post-27466-0-98991700-1413065458_thumb.jI found another photo. This is all dry although it looks like water

It is not on the film. It is from areas after the water has dried. you can see the pattern a  squeegee would make in some of the windows and it is directional.

attachicon.gifbelland best (640x480).jpgI found another photo. This is all dry although it looks like water

I see, that looks more like what a water spots would like, in the other pic the spots appear to be a lot bigger and longer and not concentrated ,  how do you know for certain that is still water behind the film ............ ? 

Did you send SunTek a pic or a sample of the film .................. ?

That looks like normal drying sequence to me.

That should go away once the moisture has evaporated.

Devil

What about the first pic ........... ?

The film had been up for 7 months and it was very adhered to glass no water. The customer noticed right away and I told her it would go away just may take longerbin cold cloudy weather. The 2nd job was summer install and it had been up 30 days. You could see a few areas where there was still a water blister but it was also where the film was obviously dry.

Suntek got photos they didn't want any film sample.

I used to install with film on and then used x100 after they had a curling issue in July 2013 so I was thinking maybe the x100 is causing it but it is so random and only the 40% the 1st job was out of town and I took extra care getting water out so I wouldn't get a call black.

The 2nd job required scaffolding so again i took extra care so i didnt have any issues. The higher window was completely dry no water blisters and the spots were slightly less visible than the lower windows that I installed normally and not spent extra time on.

The film had been up for 7 months and it was very adhered to glass no water. The customer noticed right away and I told her it would go away just may take longerbin cold cloudy weather. The 2nd job was summer install and it had been up 30 days. You could see a few areas where there was still a water blister but it was also where the film was obviously dry.

Suntek got photos they didn't want any film sample.

I used to install with film on and then used x100 after they had a curling issue in July 2013 so I was thinking maybe the x100 is causing it but it is so random and only the 40% the 1st job was out of town and I took extra care getting water out so I wouldn't get a call black.

The 2nd job required scaffolding so again i took extra care so i didnt have any issues. The higher window was completely dry no water blisters and the spots were slightly less visible than the lower windows that I installed normally and not spent extra time on.

both happened to be south exposure. The winter would have had the lowest sun so straight angle. The 2 nd the sun had started to shift so it was getting lower.

Archived