Suntek Ultra Vision 40 failure

The film had been up for 7 months and it was very adhered to glass no water. The customer noticed right away and I told her it would go away just may take longerbin cold cloudy weather. The 2nd job was summer install and it had been up 30 days. You could see a few areas where there was still a water blister but it was also where the film was obviously dry.

Suntek got photos they didn't want any film sample.

I used to install with film on and then used x100 after they had a curling issue in July 2013 so I was thinking maybe the x100 is causing it but it is so random and only the 40% the 1st job was out of town and I took extra care getting water out so I wouldn't get a call black.

The 2nd job required scaffolding so again i took extra care so i didnt have any issues. The higher window was completely dry no water blisters and the spots were slightly less visible than the lower windows that I installed normally and not spent extra time on.

The film had been up for 7 months and it was very adhered to glass no water. The customer noticed right away and I told her it would go away just may take longerbin cold cloudy weather. The 2nd job was summer install and it had been up 30 days. You could see a few areas where there was still a water blister but it was also where the film was obviously dry.

I used to install with film on and then used x100 after they had a curling issue in July 2013 so I was thinking maybe the x100 is causing it but it is so random and only the 40% the 1st job was out of town and I took extra care getting water out so I wouldn't get a call black.

The 2nd job required scaffolding so again i took extra care so i didnt have any issues. The higher window was completely dry no water blisters and the spots were slightly less visible than the lower windows that I installed normally and not spent extra time on.

both happened to be south exposure. The winter would have had the lowest sun so straight angle. The 2 nd the sun had started to shift so it was getting lower.

They should of had asked for a sample of the bad film, I could see them asking for a pic if was just a glass breakage claim, some manys are now asking for several pics now from the inside as well as the outside.

Was the glass Low-E on both job ...... ?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

both happened to be south exposure. The winter would have had the lowest sun so straight angle. The 2 nd the sun had started to shift so it was getting lower.

They should of had asked for a sample of the bad film, I could see them asking for a pic if was just a glass breakage claim, some manys are now asking for several pics now from the inside as well as the outside.

Was the glass Low-E on both job ...... ?

now that I think about it. I asked if I should use what I have Instock. They said I could send it in for testing. If they can test it they should have offered that with the bad film in both cases. Then we would know what caused it instead of the 1st one being installer error for installing in cold weather. the 2nd they acted like they were covering under warranty as a courtesy. I'm irritated that they didnt test it and they may not warranty the next one.

You should pull it (if the film is bad, it is going to have to be removed regardless)... see if those spots disappear when the film is removed. If it is coated glass, it looks like it might be a coating issue.

If it is not the glass, re-send a sample of the film to ST. :twocents

it's been pulled. I wouldn't leave that up but I threw it away so now it can't be tested. New install dried normally.

You should pull it (if the film is bad, it is going to have to be removed regardless)... see if those spots disappear when the film is removed. If it is coated glass, it looks like it might be a coating issue.

it's been pulled. I wouldn't leave that up but I threw it away so now it can't be tested. New install dried normally.

So did you send them the rest of the roll for testing ...... ?

So did you send them the rest of the roll for testing ...... ?

they didn't seem to really care about testing it and I don't have much left. Thinking of just throwing it away as I will get nailed for shipping if they say nothing is wrong with it.

had that same issue with one house i tinted back in the 90s with vista film.  ended up having to redo like 10 panels.  it was a rainy day when i tinted it so we figured the moisture took long to dry out and the bubble cuased a magnifying affect and caused the film to discolor.  just redid the panels and never even made a claim.  and it never ever happened again.

i have my kitchen done in ulvds40 and havent seen any issues with it.  it only gets morning sun though

Although not related to the original topic for discussion, I removed some after a year on my home and I wondered what actually stuck it because it came off so easily and perfectly I could install a new piece without having to even clean the glass.

Devil

sometimes the film will come off leaving the layer of CDF behind and I have tinted over that also. It rarely happens that way though.

Just had my 3rd job of ULV40 do the same thing. I have not had this with any other films of Sunteks nor other brands. This was a redo of the 1st job so spent extra attention squeegee all of the water out. I switched to another brand since they wouldn.t warranty the 1st one and will redo with new brand out of pocket again.

post-27466-0-62114100-1417553577_thumb.j

Archived