Need tinting back window help and techniques.

Guest soundquality

Guest soundquality

I am having such a hard time shrinking the film without creasing it. I did the H pattern, start the shrinking process in the middle and finish the bottom half without no creases after 3 tries, 3 films later. For the middle to the top is another story, When doing the shrinking process it keeps on creasing when passing the hard card gently. I notice the techniques I use for the bottom half does not work for the top half. This is the only problem that keeps me from finishing my car. The other tints are perfect with no contamination after following advice from the members in here. If anyone have any techniques they would like to share and where I can watch video on this would be helpful. I already follow instruction from Youtube on doing back window tint from user: Tintdude but still creasing the top half. Please help with any suggestions?

1 use gloves or paper towel, not hard card

2 are you dry or wet shrinking?

3 do about half of the top portion meaning shrink about half way up the fingers then move to the other side

4 you will probably have to lift around the top corners and slowly shrink those.

5 the reason you're having more trouble on the top is because the tops harder

Hope this helps

The fist step is to set yourself in to a I don't care if I burn or crease the paper I'll do it again. Than fellow Jh812 advise the globe helps a lot and carefully har card edges a the end. Make soure you smooth the edges of your cards sometimes they come very rough from factory best lock to you

Are you using something to float the film on the glass ??  Ie Baby Powder, Dryer Sheet, Soap  or something of the like ??  usually when it creases like that is because the film sticks to the glass and your shrink gets concentrated on too small of an area...  someone posted a video of them putting a piece of printer paper between the film and the glass in the corners to keep the film floating during the shrink.. I thought that was a keen idea :thumb

Are you using something to float the film on the glass ??  Ie Baby Powder, Dryer Sheet, Soap  or something of the like ??  usually when it creases like that is because the film sticks to the glass and your shrink gets concentrated on too small of an area...  someone posted a video of them putting a piece of printer paper between the film and the glass in the corners to keep the film floating during the shrink.. I thought that was a keen idea :thumb

Here is the video.

Guest soundquality

1 use gloves or paper towel, not hard card

2 are you dry or wet shrinking?

3 do about half of the top portion meaning shrink about half way up the fingers then move to the other side

4 you will probably have to lift around the top corners and slowly shrink those.

5 the reason you're having more trouble on the top is because the tops harder

Hope this helps

What glove I can use for the process and where can I get it from? The method that I use is clean the back window completely. Spray the dryer sheet with light solution then apply to the entire window that create a white midst. Then with a hard card wrap around blue shop towel, apply a little solution to it and place it on the glass to create the H form starting from the middle to the edges. Then I apply the film and cut it to shape. I apply the H form again after the film is cut to make it stick on the middle and corners, The process of heating the middle to the edge back and forth with hard card to smooth out the film. That is the process I went by which is not working well for the middle top half. What is the best solution on how to handle this to perfection?

Archived