New 2 This

Guest DYT TINT

Guest DYT TINT

Hi Everyone my name is Brian,Im from Dayton OH. ive been reading the forum for a while now and decided this would be a great place to join since there's alot of knowledgeable guys here..

Basically id like a some pointers on just getting started in the industry.ive never tinted before but i feel like with my attention to detail,patients and love for cars it would be something that i would enjoy..

i ordered Stans DVDs. i plan on buying some tint and all the tools i would need to get the job done right next week..any suggestions would be great!!

i plan to start doing this on the side at first to see if i really enjoy it and of course to see if im good at it lol but eventually if all goes well id like to start my own business..The competition around here is Ziebart,and maybe 3or4 other shops that charge rediculous prices for decent work..i plan on marketing like crazy to get my name out there.never slow down or give up.i want to charge a fair price for quality work..i know its going to take a while to get there but i know i could do it..so basically what im asking is..what type of film would you recommended for a beginer? tools? and any other advice you guys would like to offer..i would greatly appreciate it!!! thanks alot.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...maybe 3or4 other shops that charge rediculous prices for decent work...i want to charge a fair price for quality work...

Do you mean their prices are too low or too high?

I'd encourage you to charge more in either case once you can do quality work.

Stick to your word, good quality and firm prices... let your work speak for you and not deals.  

Think about offering some type of discount for military and maybe seniors.  I do, and is worth every penny of that discount.  

That is not too high!

Please do not set up shop and start undercutting prices, it just creates a race to the bottom. This is a skilled trade and deserves decent money.

If anything set yourself apart and charge more, and give more. Do better work, use better film, have a nicer shop and be a better salesman.

That is not too high!

Please do not set up shop and start undercutting prices, it just creates a race to the bottom. This is a skilled trade and deserves decent money.

If anything set yourself apart and charge more, and give more. Do better work, use better film, have a nicer shop and be a better salesman.

This is excellent advice !  

Guest DYT TINT

That is not too high!

i agree,great advice!! thats what i came here for!!

Archived