PPF pricing

thank you all for the great tips to be completely honest there is absolutely nobody in my area doing this I am the first the closest person installing clear bra is about 60 miles away so I have a lot of educating to doto the public

Jeff I have spoken to Mike last weekwhere I took the classes at performance distributing here in Ohio it is hard to price all the different projects possible.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd start out by only quoting the partial hood and fenders for (example)$300. Then tell them you can do the other pieces for an additional cost. If they balk at that then tell them its not for everybody, only the smart consumers realize the value it the product.

Yeah that's a great idea, belittle your potential customers. I'd take a different approach but that's just me.

'Speed' is right its a good idea to offer the standard kit to begin with just to gauge reaction.

If the customers response is positive then try 'upselling' in suggesting additional options. 

But if its negative then say nought.

Agree. But DO NOT use Xpel pricing off their website. That has a high markup... very high. If you are just starting out there is no way you will get work for those prices. You have to start low enough to get your customer base built up. make sure you build enough into it that if you have to replace film that its covered up front. As time goes by and your installs get better you can raise your pricing up. But you have to get it started first. And like Norm said do not use Llumar. You will end up spending more time replacing film with unhappy customers which will kill your business. I recommend Suntek but Xpel Ultimate is a good film as well.

I'd start out by only quoting the partial hood and fenders for (example)$300. Then tell them you can do the other pieces for an additional cost. If they balk at that then tell them its not for everybody, only the smart consumers realize the value it the product.

Yeah that's a great idea, belittle your potential customers. I'd take a different approach but that's just me.

If you have done your part as a sales person and educated the customer on the benefits before you throw out a price, you should have a smart consumer. 

thank you all for the great tips to be completely honest there is absolutely nobody in my area doing this I am the first the closest person installing clear bra is about 60 miles away so I have a lot of educating to doto the public

Jeff I have spoken to Mike last weekwhere I took the classes at performance distributing here in Ohio it is hard to price all the different projects possible.

Give your XPEL rep Eric a call on Wednesday, he can definitely help you understand the price points that are going on in a tri-state area.  It's usually easiest to develop flat pricing for each type of coverage.  Especially if selling to dealerships.  Installing film is complex enough that adding a little simplicity to your sales pitch and accounting will be a welcome change.

Having said all of that, if you like to account for every penny, you are able to set up pricing columns with custom labor rates in the DAP, so that you don't have to break out the calculator every time someone calls.

The trouble with starting cheap is you stay cheap. Start at the price you want and make sure the work is up to that standard. It's a lot easier to drop your prices than raise them. Always make sure there is enough fat on the bone to cover any warranty work, there is nothing worse than working for free or worse still paying to work...

Steve.

I appreciate all the great examples you guys have given!  1 thing I must say is that I do not have a plotter and I am ordering all the kits from 44tools where I received my training just for the ease of the new skill.  I appreciate the heads up on the Llumar as I just installed it on my WHITE F150!  hahah  Guess I will be redoing,  is it the UV rays that break it down?

Jeff would you be able to send me Eric's number so that I can call him tomorrow please? 

I must say, I give you guys credit doing ppf for a living, it is more difficult than I initially thought, even after being a tinter for 10 years!

Also I may be giving Suntek a call this week to see what I can do

If you have done your part as a sales person and educated the customer on the benefits before you throw out a price, you should have a smart consumer.

I'm sorry, I took it as you telling your customers they weren't smart if they didn't do it. Absolutely correct on educating the customer but at the same time I try not to make customers feel uneasy. I sell the positives not the negatives

Archived