whats hot and whats not

Guest sdtintin

hp doesn't seem to hold up as well I had the fronts of my truck done in hp20 and it faded pretty bad ,so looking for something decent fairly easy to work with and that will hold up to the texas heat not too expensive as theres a bunch of $69 hackshops around here let me know what you are using n how its holding up

thanks steve  sdautotintin

imo, Solarfree ofters the cheapest color-stable film in the market at this moment. I do not know whether it is easy to work with.

You should be able to fight off $69 competitors

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys been out of the game for the last 7 years and getting the itch again hopefully opening a shop again in the next few months just wondering whats hot and whats not in the film industry I mainly do cars not much flat or residential ,when I had my shop in the uk I used suntek hp which worked out good for me now im in texas the sun is hotter and the hp doesn't seem to hold up as well I had the fronts of my truck done in hp20 and it faded pretty bad ,so looking for something decent fairly easy to work with and that will hold up to the texas heat not too expensive as theres a bunch of $69 hackshops around here let me know what you are using n how its holding up

I'm here in Tx & opened my shop about 2 1/2 years ago. I had always used Madico films & they were great films back in the day. But over the last several years they have gone down hill & other films are a lot better & priced better which is always good for your bottom line! Here lately I've been using SolarFx Ultra color stable dyed film. It's easy to work with. ( You can call Matt at Pride Dist. ) Also Howard at Express is really nice to deal with & have used his HP Classic Charcoal & Classic Ceramic films & they are easy to work with too. Customer service is excellent at both. And both brands have been getting really good reviews on TD too.

I'm here in Tx & opened my shop about 2 1/2 years ago. I had always used Madico films & they were great films back in the day. But over the last several years they have gone down hill & other films are a lot better & priced better which is always good for your bottom line!

There is a lot of differing opinions about Madico since more madico films are now made in the former FTI-Sungard facility.

Some told me the quality is better, while others would agree with tintshoptx.

hey guys been out of the game for the last 7 years and getting the itch again hopefully opening a shop again in the next few months just wondering whats hot and whats not in the film industry I mainly do cars not much flat or residential ,when I had my shop in the uk I used suntek hp which worked out good for me now im in texas the sun is hotter and the hp doesn't seem to hold up as well I had the fronts of my truck done in hp20 and it faded pretty bad ,so looking for something decent fairly easy to work with and that will hold up to the texas heat not too expensive as theres a bunch of $69 hackshops around here let me know what you are using n how its holding up

Hi Steve,

Welcome back!

Let our office know how we can help you with your window film needs.  713.681.3000.

We haven't been very active lately on Tintdude; but we're back.

Don't try to play any sort of pricing low game.  Get the better clients and jobs and sell yourself.  If you can't do that then I would not be looking at tinting as a job.  You could make more at a minimum wage job.

As for tint to use, look at Solar Control Films Inc right there in TX.  Philip should take good care of you.  There main line is Global and you will never go wrong with Global for quality or price.  You can find some cheper films but not any better and deffinetly not for the money.

Otherwise you could look at Express or some of the others like that. 

Thanks for the plug!

Phillip

thanks steve sdautotintin

I'm here in Tx & opened my shop about 2 1/2 years ago. I had always used Madico films & they were great films back in the day. But over the last several years they have gone down hill & other films are a lot better & priced better which is always good for your bottom line! Here lately I've been using SolarFx Ultra color stable dyed film. It's easy to work with. ( You can call Matt at Pride Dist. ) Also Howard at Express is really nice to deal with & have used his HP Classic Charcoal & Classic Ceramic films & they are easy to work with too. Customer service is excellent at both. And both brands have been getting really good reviews on TD too.

Tintshoptx, thank you for the kind words about our SolarFX Window Films. You have made a wise choice in our Ultra series Color Stable film. Unmatched film quality and unsurpassed customer service. I will be sure to pass in your feedback to Matt in our Houston office. Thank you for your business and support of SolarFX.

Shawn Vogler

If you are looking for something different and exclusive, Flexfilm has a nano carbon film.  Most dyed films and HP films have less than 10% IR rejection.  You will be amazed at the performance you will get out of our carbon compared to other technologies and it is priced less than most dyed films and HP films.  This product was not on the market 7 years ago.  Good luck on your search.   My name is Ralph Van Pelt and I am the contact person at Flexfilm.  Call anytime!    

http://www.flexfilmplus.com/Films/TerraFlexNanoCarbonFilms/tabid/16/Default.html

hp doesn't seem to hold up as well I had the fronts of my truck done in hp20 and it faded pretty bad ,so looking for something decent fairly easy to work with and that will hold up to the texas heat not too expensive as theres a bunch of $69 hackshops around here let me know what you are using n how its holding up

imo, Solarfree ofters the cheapest color-stable film in the market at this moment. I do not know whether it is easy to work with.

You should be able to fight off $69 competitors

Solarfree is THE shiznit. Best products, best price, best service. They've been so good to me I don't plan on ever dropping them as my main supplier. :notwrthy

I use both of their nano carbon films as well as their nano-ceramic.

nexfil 1 ply chip infused dyed film is my low baller entry level film. Get's people in the door then upgrade them to at least a nano-carbon.

Archived