EWF True Black turns True Brown?

Has anyone else noticed that EWF's 5% True Black line of film color starts to fade into a brown in and or around a years time?

It may happen to other percentages, however, I've predominantly noticed in in the 5% line.

Is this "normal"?  :dunno

Most do notice this. Or a red color. Ive noticed most dramatic in the 15%.

20 and 35 not as much.

But fact is the film is not a color stable film. Spend a little more and get the classic black or global QDP (your customers deserve it) Benefit with true black is the adhesive makes it simple to remove. Ive removed after a year or two and just peels off with no adhesive left behind.

To answer the question yes it is normal.

Yes this is normal with a non color stable film. Personally when I used a roll or two back in Indiana I thought it looked brown under my shop lights so I went with a better film after that. EWF can still supply that just go with the proffesional series.

Spend a little more and buy the Classic Black, or Global QDP Which is listed as Charcoal 1.2. Like mentioned above, your customers deserve better, you deserve better, and so does the reputation of your business!!! The cost of doing a full car will be around 25-30 bucks with the films that I mentioned. They are color stable, have a nice optical clarity, shrink well and they last a long time.

All good advice here from several board members.  The vulnerable pigment in TB is the blue.  When the blue starts to fade, it leaves behind the red and yellow (brown). 

I think the general consensus among the seasoned board members here is that Color Stable film is the way to go.  I agree with that philosophy 100%.  Still, I can assure you that no amount of convincing will persuade some customers.   Non CS films have been in the market for a long time and probably will remain well into the future.

In the realm of non-CS films, you basically have 2 flavors:  Coated and Dyed-Chip Extruded.  The coated products will retain their color, but gain VLT.  The extruded chip dyed films will undergo a color shift but the VLT will remain in a tighter range.  Pick your poison.

I am with you 100% Devil.   In your neck of the woods, how anyone would consider a non-CS product (gasp) is hard imagine.  But the market is out there and it remains sizable.  TS & TB are our "horses in that race". 

-Howard

I am with you 100% Devil.   In your neck of the woods, how anyone would consider a non-CS product (gasp) is hard imagine.  But the market is out there and it remains sizable.  TS & TB are our "horses in that race". 

I know a few locally that will do this... the guy with $55 4 door sedan deal with a 1 yr warranty.

Archived