Do you remember the last time "you" paid to have a car tinted

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first and only time I paid to have a car tinted was my 93 T bird before I knew how to heat shrink rear windows (2000 ish)  I tinted the sides myself, I took the glass out of the doors to tint it then.  Anyways I paid $100 ish for the rear glass on that T bird which they 2 pieced and left some hair behind, I asked to have it retinted and they said it was not bad enough to re tint with a 3 inch hair in it and some various dust and claimed it was a very difficult back window.  

To this day I have never had to tint that exact car and have always been curious how I would do on that back window.

Was not even an option in podunk Illinois.  Heard about some tint shops when in OKC in 1989 but I did my own.

Was not even an option in podunk Illinois.  Heard about some tint shops when in OKC in 1989 but I did my own.

I remember a shop in Okc around 84/85 that someone told me was da best..... I went to check um out and they were tinting a car fast..... They owned a glass shop and most glass they removed and replaced them with glass they tinted in off times. Can't imagine doing that now!

Cheers

Stan

****tint the Rightker way*****

In 2002 my wife, who was my girlfriend at the time, bought me a full car tint from a local shop for my birthday. Don't remember the total cost but it was in the 200/250 range. This was before I knew anything about tint so I don't know what film they used or if it was a quality install or not. I didn't have any issues so they must have done a pretty good job.

2 things stand out in my mind about that day. First, I was worried that the water dripping on my panels were going to do damage and second I remember him telling me if he realized how many windows my car had he would have charged more. It was a 1993 Subaru SVX :lol. Never have had a chance to tint one but I've heard they can be a pain.

In 2002 my wife, who was my girlfriend at the time, bought me a full car tint from a local shop for my birthday. Don't remember the total cost but it was in the 200/250 range. This was before I knew anything about tint so I don't know what film they used or if it was a quality install or not. I didn't have any issues so they must have done a pretty good job.

2 things stand out in my mind about that day. First, I was worried that the water dripping on my panels was going to do damage and second I remember him telling me if he realized how many windows my car had he would have charged more. It was a 1993 Subaru SVX :lol. Never have had a chance to tint one but I've heard they can be a pain.

:lol  I have done 2 in my tinting career. They really aren't that hard, they just have some BS inefficient windows that take more time than normal to tint! Plus they are now considered older vehicles and most of them on the road are junk!

Wow. A Suby SVX. Pretty cool car although I never understood why they put so many weenders on it. Its like the new Kia Forte. The old one had 5 windows. The new one-9. Makes no sense to add those new stupid little tiny windows. I think at some point some engineers got together and tried tinting a car-realized it was out of their scope of expertise-then made a pact to make every vehicle they design as much of a pita as they can for pro tinters.

Archived