bus tint! how would you charge this? help

How would you guys go about charging for this? Its a dealership ( Ford) about an hour away from me. Had there own tinter, and he quit. Now they are calling me to come help. They are supplying the tint and tools. Should a charge per window? hourly? im at a loss as I have never done a bus before. 14 windows approx. 4ftx3ft. Looks just like the one below, an older MCI unit.

mci-bus-012.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well bus tinting, other than school buses over the last few years is almost nonexistent. My auto sector in my area, see tint jobs in the range of $260-300 for a rear 5 window job, $100 for front glass ( which is illegal to have here, but not illegal to install) $180-220 for a coupe.

Our markets aren't all that far apart...

You'll lose a day on a bus of that size. Will you work alone? Take that into account when coming up with your figure, along with your lost travel time. Forget about the fact that they are supplying materials and tools, we all know that is the least part of the equation.

Oh and what sort of film will you be installing? Solar? Security? Even the brand of film can affect your install time.

Solar film. Solargard NR supreme series 8%. I will probably have a helper ( one of their employees) doing window cleaning and prep once I show him what I want, while I make patterns, and then bring them into the bus, just as he is done cleaning the window for install. ( reverse roll technique I am thinking for something like this) correct me if I am wrong.

Solar film. Solargard NR supreme series 8%. I will probably have a helper ( one of their employees) doing window cleaning and prep once I show him what I want, while I make patterns, and then bring them into the bus, just as he is done cleaning the window for install. ( reverse roll technique I am thinking for something like this) correct me if I am wrong.

OK. You have some variable to consider.

You have no idea how helpful your supplied helper will be, so work on a  worst case scenario.

Almost all of your windows will be the same template. Reverse roll will work well, especially if you have seats and fixtures to work around (which you no doubt will). You can also use one of the windows as a peel board if you feel you can get away without reverse rolling.

Archived