Film size

Guest Tint Masters

Guest Tint Masters
:hmmm:lol Ok Mabe this is being to picky but ..... I only use 36" rolls. I cut two windows at a time. Lets say the fronts are 31" long by 17 3/4" tall. I lay the roll flat on my table and unroll to cut at 31" Then split that in half. Well recently I came across a couple of rolls that were 35 3/4". :lol When double cutting this caused on piece to fall short. Well my rep said there is nothing he could do. And of course I am the only one with this isue. :hmmm Any one else have this :lol happen or what?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprinter

if your going to cut the tint that way I would suggest to start buying 40 inch rolls! I don't have that problem cause I carry 20" and 24" for side windows it's still cheaper to buy the smaller size rolls than to cut off the bigger size!

Tint Masters,

I use the same technique, but I use a cutter on top of a ladder so that as I pull the film, it cuts it in half. I've got a ruler that tells me what width I'm cutting to. Occasionaly, I run into this problem of having maybe 1/8" too narrow roll, but not all the time.

I don't like using a 24" roll all the time for side windows, either, because that's usually just too much waste and it means stocking twice as many rolls.

Our system works great most of the time, but maybe someday I'll try ordering a 60" roll and having it slit to 38"/22"

I order a 60" roll split 24/36 when I have used my 24" roll I will then order another 60" split 20:20:20 then that way if I do come across a glass bigger than 20" I can cut off my 36" roll I still have. saves lots of film and money :thumb

Guest metint

Measure twice, cut once! :thumb

Measuring includes checking the actual roll width before any half slitting. :)

Placing far too much trust and expectation on that film roll to be exactly what you want it to be. :lol:)

Guest Sprinter

you all need to do some math on that messuring method you have as cutting off a larger roll is more expensive not the other way around!

to each his own on this one! can only lead the dog to water but you can't get him to drink it!

Archived