4 year old tint

Guest matriXtints

Guest matriXtints

I found a box of solar guard 20% supreme in my shed, I haven't used solar guard film for 4 years so it's at least that old,it was in an unopened box but the box was a bit damp, the film looks fine and isn't wet I'm just not sure weather to use it or not what do you guys think.

I'm sure it's still fine. Although personally the 20% solargard supreme was one of the worst films I've handled. It's a quality film and looks good but its not very friendly when it comes to heat shrinking. Also it doesn't seem to tack down very well, many issues of it peeling on the backglass especially over the dot matrix. But I'm sure you know all this since you have experience with it.

Guest matriXtints

Yeah the shrinking was why I changed film,I tried it on my car and I forgot how good it looked,it was the 28% not the 20% but it looks ok so far I might give it a month or two before I offer it to customers though just to make sure. I never had any problems with it not sticking.

one way to tell if its ever had moisture damage is that it will be harder to peel. watch your roll on the edges, that was the main reason i quit using it, love the look though.

Archived