Massive bubbling

Guest Joe_SG

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd put money on it and my 39 years and say it's crap film went up on the glass....pure and simple.

devil

Well devil, if you would be willing on putting money and your 39 years exp on that is just crap film, explain why a clear 4mil safety film would do this in a normal install then with all of your wisdom  .......... ? 

I'd put money on it and my 39 years and say it's crap film went up on the glass....pure and simple.

devil

Well devil, if you would be willing on putting money and your 39 years exp on that is just crap film, explain why a clear 4mil safety film would do this in a normal install then with all of your wisdom  .......... ? 

Well the only thing that can make film go like that in such a short time is the value of the adhesive quality and UV inhibitors (or lack there of).

Like you I've fitted tons of it and never had one failure but I do use recognised high quality brands.

Unless this job was not installed on glass.....the poster never divulged this and this could be the cause.

Devil

Hello guys,

I encountered some glass panels, which i did some 18 months ago, sporting massive bubbling.

Could anyone drop me some hints as to what's going on here?

Film is 4-mil clear safety film.

Appreciate any advice I can get.

Thanks alot folks!

Well, the OP did sorta say Glass Panels, but yeah was it glass or some breed of poly product and what was the brand of film used?

Also, this looks like an external install on balcony glass. If so, there's your answer. :thumb

:hmmm ........... Why would a 4 mil safety film be needed on thick plexi or poly..........?

Was moisture the culprit that caused this bubbling after the film was dry........... :yep

It is a exterior install...... :yep

Archived