Customer states: Clear Bra is peeling

Let me guess you use SunTek, I've experienced the same problem with a local car wash using high powered sprayer wands too close and penetrating the edges of the shield. Talked to my local sales rep about putting something on there warranty card like Premium shield has, warning customers to keep sprayer wands at least 36" away. would suggest telling all your customers or warning them of the possibility of that happening. do you heat (basically melt)all your edges after installing? that would definitely help. 

That's a pressure washer incident in my experience. They hold it to close, blow a hole in the film and fill the void with water. Customer freaks out pushed the water out and they pat it down. It then dries out and all the air pockets are left behind. I have seen this 4 times this year. Called two of the 4 customers out on it and they caved right away and confessed the pressure washer got to close.

Yes I would agree with pressure washer right after install. I've seen it before, and would say it's not the installers fault.But sometimes you have to bite the bullet and install a new piece. You might want to try a steamer and plenty of slip to pull back and reset the section.. You might get lucky

Agree with what some have stated above but I am willing to bet it was taken through an automatic car wash. Most of those are terrible on cars much less PPF. The automatic nozzles move around the car and are very high pressure... sometimes getting very close to the paint at odd angles. The water is forced under the film separating the adhesive from the film itself. When the water dries out it looks like that. I tell everyone up front no automatic washes and if using a high pressure nozzle do not hold it close to the edge as it can force water under the film. Anyone with common sense will understand that the automatic wash damaged the product.

No putting any blame on anyone. But did you go over the care instructions with the customer? I've seen installers actually print up a handout of do's and don'ts so if and when something does happen like this, it was covered. We can't assume the customers know anything and everything. We also wish they listen to us when we do go over the care instructions after the install is done. But you know they have only heard a 1/3 of what you said. 

Archived