Difficulties when shrinking side window

Hey guys,

I just purchased some standard SunTek window film, and I'm trying to put it on a side window, as usual in all videos, wet it, cut it, but i get pretty big fingers which i try to shrink, but I end up getting creases. I tried 3 times, but still got creases. Any tips on shrinking side windows? The car was a Peugeot 2008 '14

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've bougt enough film for about 10-15 average cars, and I'm doing it for 75$ per car which is basically free here in Norway, so that I can practice, so I'll have to try and work with the film I have left for now. Average tinting companies charge about 750$ per car here.

Dry shrinking a side window? How would one go about doing that? I've only tinted a few cars, so I'm really doing it just for practice now. Can the reason that it started creasing be that I used the film vertically (updown) instead of horizontally like normal? I did this because I would use/throw away less film.

So my friend tried again on his car today, with the tips I gave him from this thread, but he wasn't able to quit do it again. The fingers won't shrink. I'm not sure if he did it correctly though. Are there any special tecniques for difficult/bended side windows?

Archived