Tickets?

Guest Stevo

Guest Stevo

I have heard many different theories about what happens when you get pulled over for illegal tint. Has anyone had experience with this? I have heard that you first get a warning and then if you do not get it removed within 10 days that you get the ticket. Is this true? Also can any points be assessed against your driving record?

Like tintchick said, every state has different laws. Also depends on the cop that pulls you over, they are not all the same. One day you might not be so lucky. I remember years ago when I was kid , before I got into the tint business, I was pulled over for having illegal tint on my car ( yes I did have illegal tint on my car at that time I was young didn't know :thumb ) well the cop pulled me over and gave me like 4 tickets , one for each window. I took the car to a shop nearby and had them remove the film and got a reciept and also took a picture of the car without the film. The judge was nice enough to just let me pay like a $25 fine and dismissed all the other tickets. Each ticket was for $25 plus a surcharge fee of $15 totalling $40, that would have been $160 in fines if I had not gone and removed the illegal film on my car...So I say stay llegal :)

Guest thetintshop

don't know about other states, but in texas, if you get pulled over for illegal tint, the ticket runs about $125.

if you're being a dickhead to the cop, or the cop hasn't had his fill of doughnuts yet, he can actually write you a ticket FOR EACH WINDOW that's illegal. I have a friend that's a cop and he wrote a guy 4 tickets, one for each window. just cause the guy was being a jerk about it.

$500 for "looking cool"? the cons for having illegal film far outweigh the pros.

Guest Sprinter

yes they do!

here its either a fix it ticket or fine and court, in the far east part of cali where it meets arizona the chps or california highway patrol pull you ove and give you razor blades and will wait untill you take the film off the front 2 windows before you can proceed on your way!

Guest Tint Masters

the state just pretty much says what % is legal and what isn't, its up to the cop to decide what to do with ya ust keep it Legal

This is it! :thumb

Guest Blade

Here... the fine just went up to $101. It's up to the cop what happens. Some give fix-it tickets(15+ days to make it legal and get it inspected), some just give a warning. Some write the ticket and warn that if you're caught again the fine doubles. Some write the $101 ticket for EACH window illegally tinted.

Guest feardabill

I was told by my local tinter that it's only a fix-it ticket and they can't make you remove it before being on your way. He made the comparison as if a cop pulled you over for a burnt out tail light that he couldn't hold you until you got it fixed. Has anyone ever challenged a cop when told to remove their film in front of him?

Archived