Isuzu D-Max

Bjs Detailing

Hi,

easy money on these Duel Cabs - 5 windows all up.

These are fairly straight forward to tint. There are 2 screws to remove the door trim, locate the two round plugs  - one located with the door handle recess and the other in the mid door handle grip.

Pop the little grommets out with a small tipped tool, be careful not to mark the surrounds, i found that once you locate the small gap at the front of them, gently lever it back and up and it will pop out enough to be moved to the side so that you can get a Phillips head onto the screws.

remove these two screws and roll the window down, pull back and up slightly on top of door trim and it will release very easily from the door. the seal is attached to the door trim, so pull it back far enough to allow you to drop the tint in. To replace them, I found it easier to remove the whole door trim and then raise it about one inch higher than its original position and lower it gently back into its correct position, then just push the plastic clips back into the holes they came from. 

The clips are just the cheap white ones, so if you do break one, don't worry - cheap to replace, as we all have spares anyway lol.

Note: the D-Max Duel Cab roll up windows have very tight door seals, So don't cut the sides too deep, or you will struggle to push past them and may end up creasing your film. I tried to use a few tools to relax the rubber seals with no luck. They are just rock hard and tight. my rule of 3 mm per side worked well.

The rear window is easy to cut from the outside and requires no shrinking at all, the break light could be removed, but I managed to get the film down and squeegeed out OK using a platinum easy reach tool. the rear demister sides are really wide and I just cut curves to match the matrix line, that way it looked natural on the inside too. - once you see them you will understand.

The rear windows have a large curve toward the top rear, make sure you cut these to match, apart from that, they are fairly easy to tint.

cheers

Brian.

Archived