2011 acura RL

davebheam

this one sucks to do.......im partially done with it.....got back glass in first try, bottom has a seal very very close to the glass. have fun with that!.......side fixed quarters have 1/8 gap all around. I will continue on side rollups on Tuesday.....

these cars are not fun to do.....the RL has a small 1/4 inch rubber seal all along the bottom of the back window.  its very tight down there and in some cases past the clear part of the glass. the side quarter fixed glass on rear doors is just like most normal ones......the side rear rollups have a dotted matrix edge along both vertical edges of window....(a lot like a 94 lexus ls400, and a 96 accord 2 door) but the rl has a lip at the edge of that also....tricky.....the front windows have this same edge along the b pillar side of the glass......the front edge of the glass near the sideview mirrors is like a normal car with no matrix.....

also...

on rear door panels u have to pry out the small plastic square light cover above the pocket in the door panel and get that screw out......the front panels u need to pry the cap off the end of the armrest by dashboard........the door panels on this car have an average amount of clips....however, there is one clip that is meant to be a one time use clip. once pushed in it is made to not pull out unless broken

hope this helps someone....these cars are very very nice but because they are so expensive they are not as common as the tl and tsx, ilx, mdx, rdx

I just did one of these and it is a pain in the ass. I ended up tearing the rubber seal out of the back window. I tried to install it with the rubber seal still in by basically cutting right on the dot matrix at the bottom and it looked like shit when I installed because it was still bunching up on me. The quarter glass has a very tight matrix to apply as well. Cut those as close to matrix as possible. The side windows were also tough because of the matrix as well. I ended up having to cut excess off as I was installing the window. Kind of the same concept as flat glass by installing and then cutting the excess off. On top of all this, I undercharged because I has no idea how hard this car was. I'm hoping I don't see another one, but it wasn't so hard that I would turn one down. Good luck to whoever gets one in their shop. I hope this helps a little.

Archived