anyone recent on here want to talk pdr....message me anytime....

I seem to remember you saying something awhile back about getting into pdr. How's that going for you? Oh and sorry if you get excited over seeing a reply only to find out its from someone with no pdr experience :lol

I seem to remember you saying something awhile back about getting into pdr. How's that going for you? Oh and sorry if you get excited over seeing a reply only to find out its from someone with no pdr experience :lol

lol yes I did get excited there for a sec......I like this forum and I am used to how its laid out and how it looks.......I wish pdr was more active. im trying to do dents as often as possible in these cold PA months. I did one for a older guy last week who sat on his key fob in the house and his hatch opened on his new Cadillac suv and it went up and hit the garage door.....same car the guy pulled in too close to gas pump and swung around with nozzle and dented it again lol.  those ones came out nice......

I am trying to lern pdr as well as another " thing " to pickup in my detailing company. But it is rely tight with time for me. What experience do you have?

its good to learn how to do it but its gonna take a lot of experience....years.....and years......ya you deff will need time to practice a lot.  I have done maybe only 100 dents so far.....little ones and huge ones.......I wont turn anyone away ill give them all a shot and can usually make them better.

what about you? how long have you been doing pdr

I am trying to lern pdr as well as another " thing " to pickup in my detailing company. But it is rely tight with time for me. What experience do you have?

its good to learn how to do it but its gonna take a lot of experience....years.....and years......ya you deff will need time to practice a lot.  I have done maybe only 100 dents so far.....little ones and huge ones.......I wont turn anyone away ill give them all a shot and can usually make them better.

This is worse then dead looks to be a post every year.. ive hit a couple storms with my step dad the right tools do make a difference.. he probably broke all the rules or code as some would say durring the day he only got bery little done without the right tools but at nite he would blow through cars like nothing using all the other techs tools we learned what worked and what didnt after a few weeks of that we ordered only what we needed got organized and moved on from 30% to 50% with the broker we were working with.. 

Funny part is none of those techs ever knew we used anything to this day we always put them back perfectly when we finished..

You can be pretty decent withen a few months to a year everyone starts somewhere.. at a almost two year tech he averages 1500-2500 a week im into it 6 months 800-1200 a week not to bad for only being 14 i guess most of the guys there 15yr techs were averaging 5kto7k a week.. i like it and in off season i detail cars and am learning to tint at 350-600 a car with paint correction i think tinting will ad to my pocket pretty well...

This is worse then dead looks to be a post every year.. ive hit a couple storms with my step dad the right tools do make a difference.. he probably broke all the rules or code as some would say durring the day he only got bery little done without the right tools but at nite he would blow through cars like nothing using all the other techs tools we learned what worked and what didnt after a few weeks of that we ordered only what we needed got organized and moved on from 30% to 50% with the broker we were working with.. 

Funny part is none of those techs ever knew we used anything to this day we always put them back perfectly when we finished..

You can be pretty decent withen a few months to a year everyone starts somewhere.. at a almost two year tech he averages 1500-2500 a week im into it 6 months 800-1200 a week not to bad for only being 14 i guess most of the guys there 15yr techs were averaging 5kto7k a week.. i like it and in off season i detail cars and am learning to tint at 350-600 a car with paint correction i think tinting will ad to my pocket pretty well...

ya i know i wish there was more posts on this site about pdr....i have been practicing on alot of cars and ordered a good set of tools. about 95% of the time i can easily reach behind the dents with the tools i have so far.  i ordered a few more tools after i saw the types of tools that i would be needing to help me get better results.

i like to see the peoples faces when you do good on one of them and it turns out nice.

tinting is good to be into.....like the one guy stated on this site....he said he would always try new ventures but always found himself falling back on tinting

I learned pdr from a pdr place next to a detail shop i opened then when detailing i burnt the paint a few times then learned how to paint.. i did bumper repair for a bit used a 3 stage turbine it wasnt bad butt not the best,ive never seen someone become a millionaire by doing bumpers ,tint i wanna do in the off season of hail repair just to keep busy now pdr on the otherhand im only a year or two into and have seen my checks of 7500-10k a month and other guys makeing 15-20k a month thats where i like to be..

its going along slow. i am trying to learn on my own vehicles and friends and relatives and neighbors cars for right now.  i have done a few other vehicles and wont turn any practice away. its very cold in pa here now and i do not have a heated garage so i can only do them at the dealership i work at.  i just got my tools a few months ago and am looking to do even more this upcoming year. 

How is it going?  Im doing PDR, Tint and Bumper repair.  How have you been learning?

Archived