2015 Mustang

Mr paladin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who is having problems on these current mustang back windows, follow these steps.

Rule #1 should be to USE good quality higher performance film that has an aggressive adhesive. Using thin film with thin adhesive will only cause heartache. Trust me!

Dry shrink, NEVER wet. When burning, take your time and get'r done right. Depending on your climate, use dryer sheets if need be.

Use 0000 Steel Wool and hard scrub the entire inside of the back glass thoroughly getting every defroster line with your solution (scrubbing and cleaning with Dawn or Joy works well). NEVER use sandpaper unless you really don't care about your customers but yourself. If I myself took my car to a tint shop, I wouldn't want my back glass sanded!

When applying, the objective is to get the film to tack and bond well, so use baby shampoo or Film-on. Less is more.

If done any other way, peanuts or puckering will definitely occur especially when burnt wrong. The film needs to gradually relax flat on the glass. Try not to rush it. This really goes for EVERY vehicle with THICK deforester lines. This car in particular is a challenge but take your time. Welcome to the Rodeo ya'll!

Got one to do soon, (not many in the UK) do you need to remove the rear shelf to get to the last couple of inches or can it be done it place ?

As long as you have a couple of " reach tools " ; I really don't think you will have ANY problems with this one. :thumb2

Archived