2015 OPTIMA

davebheam

Did one today, little tight behind third brake light but doable with a slammer or bulldozer. We removed back door quarter windows and then reinstalled them since we pull all door panels on our cars. I feel for you all that do those while still in the car. Like said above the front doors are tight on the mirror side but not the worst I have seen. Little extra soap and tighter cut and it was super easy. Overall the car is cake to tint.

Did one today, little tight behind third brake light but doable with a slammer or bulldozer. We removed back door quarter windows and then reinstalled them since we pull all door panels on our cars. I feel for you all that do those while still in the car. Like said above the front doors are tight on the mirror side but not the worst I have seen. Little extra soap and tighter cut and it was super easy. Overall the car is cake to tint.

Are the quarters just bolt ins? Did you just reuse the old butyle?

One screw at top under plastic rail. You just pry up the plastic rail from the quarter window end and pop 2 of its fasteners then move to side to access screw. one bolt behind door panel and you can remove the window. The window rubber is one piece unlike the honda's or Prius so you have to remove the glass from the rubber gasket leaving it hanging. While tinting this window while in place can be done in my book it will never look as good or be as easy as removing them. Takes us about 5mins to tint one out of the car and another 5mins to reinstall. You can waste the same amount of time trying to install it while in place. Once reinstalled you can tint the rear door rollup with the lower gasket removed too, a win win.

One screw at top under plastic rail. You just pry up the plastic rail from the quarter window end and pop 2 of its fasteners then move to side to access screw. one bolt behind door panel and you can remove the window. The window rubber is one piece unlike the honda's or Prius so you have to remove the glass from the rubber gasket leaving it hanging. While tinting this window while in place can be done in my book it will never look as good or be as easy as removing them. Takes us about 5mins to tint one out of the car and another 5mins to reinstall. You can waste the same amount of time trying to install it while in place. Once reinstalled you can tint the rear door rollup with the lower gasket removed too, a win win.

Guess I should pay attention to what car we are talking about. I had a sonata in my head for some reason :spit

Nice work :thumb

Archived