am I scammed by XPEL installer in California?

I got a new 2015 subaru forester and XPEL ultimate PPF when I visited my parents during the Thanksgiving week in the Bay Area, and I found the installer from XPEL website and called to setup an appointment. He is a mobile installer, so we met at a car dealership.  After installation, he filled out a warranty card for me and told me all I needed was the warranty card because it had his customer ID on it, so I could get warranty from any XPEL installer. 

I got the PPF on 11/26/2014, and today 12/07/2014 I noticed there are bubbles and peelings on my front bumper,  so I decided to claim warranty from XPEL to find a installer in Southern California because I am Working in China Lake/Ridgecrest area. However, when I read the warranty card, it said I needed to have both receipt and warranty card to claim warranty from XPEL, but the installer didn't give me any receipt because I trusted him since I found his info from XPEL website. Thus, I am wondering if it is true that I have to get a receipt from my original installer to claim the warranty? what I should do if he doesn't provide one? it would be sad if I don't get any warranty since I have paid almost $1000 on it.

15783999678_e7e88a81e1.jpg4 

15349125104_ec320a154f.jpg3 

15784092780_82d513131f.jpg2 

15785378449_8e350bc1bb.jpg1 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to get much done on a Sunday...

Everything in the pictures looks like installation issues.. Probably going to need to see the original installer for fixes .... If it was product failure Xpel would take care of you

A warranty card is sufficient without a receipt for warranty issues.  However, as the gentlemen above mentioned, those are installation related issues.

I would suggest having a local installer take a look at the issues and give you an assesment on whether or not they can fixthe issues without replacing the whole bumper.  I would definitely send these pictures to the original installer, as he would be responsible for paying for any installation errors that have to be fixed by another installer.

Rather than take the defensive route JunZ, we are actually looking out for you as professionals and know what we are talking about by the few pictures we've seen. Which, are perfect pics that show us what happened since this is a very visual product that is hard to see without proper lighting. You are in no way at fault and should feel comfortable calling the installer to have him fix it. White is a hard color for us professionals to see water bubbles if the lighting in our install area isn't the greatest. Since you said he was mobile and had to meet you at a dealership, the conditions might not have been ideal for you to truly inspect it. Fixing those 4 issues you have highlighted should take a matter of minutes. 

Archived