am I scammed by XPEL installer in California?

Thanks guys, I just contacted my original installer to see what we could do to help me and fix the problem because I am 400 miles away from him, and the nearest XPEL installer is 140 miles away from my working place. Yeah, I am living in the mid of nohwere in China Lake. There are Suntek and llumar installer 80 miles away from me but I chose XPEL because it's 10 years warranty and best service provided in the Bay Area.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather than take the defensive route JunZ, we are actually looking out for you as professionals and know what we are talking about by the few pictures we've seen. Which, are perfect pics that show us what happened since this is a very visual product that is hard to see without proper lighting. You are in no way at fault and should feel comfortable calling the installer to have him fix it. White is a hard color for us professionals to see water bubbles if the lighting in our install area isn't the greatest. Since you said he was mobile and had to meet you at a dealership, the conditions might not have been ideal for you to truly inspect it. Fixing those 4 issues you have highlighted should take a matter of minutes.

Thank you for the input. Actually there were no bubbles at these two location before Sunday. So I am not sure if its delaminations between layers.

Top two pics: Film just needs to be trimmed.

Third pic: Is that a parking sensor? If so they need to be trimmed around.

Last pic: Some bubbles can be hard to see until the film is fully dry. Easy fix with a syringe.

Third pic is not parking sensor, it was a bubble.I pushed with my finger and it became a ring shape

JunZ,

I've fixed other installers problems when it's a simple fix just for free on occasion, or you might show up at a local install shop with a pizza around lunchtime if you want a quick fix and I bet they would take care of you really quick! ;).  Probably take me 5 or 6 minutes to take care of all that.

When a car first has an installation, there could be water pockets which are virtually invisible, especially on a white vehicle.  Sometimes when that water evaporates through the film, it leaves a little air pocket behind, and then is visible, maybe 2 or 3 days later, even though it looked perfect the day of installation.

The edges that extend a bit too far are a really quick trim, and you don't have to worry about them any more.

Don't get upset, I'm sure you will be taken care of, but it might take a few more days.  The bubbles won't be a problem to wait a little while on, and the edges that need trimming shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't hit them with a high pressure washer. 

Right on the back of my invoices, I have some care instructions for my customers, including telling them that after a few days to take another close look at the installation in case there are any last bubbles, or edges that need a final trim.  It's pretty standard, since some things show up after the film has dried, and gone through a day/night heat cycle or two.  After things are taken care of, it should be good to go for the duration.

Thanks guys, I just contacted my original installer to see what we could do to help me and fix the problem because I am 400 miles away from him, and the nearest XPEL installer is 140 miles away from my working place. Yeah, I am living in the mid of nohwere in China Lake. There are Suntek and llumar installer 80 miles away from me but I chose XPEL because it's 10 years warranty and best service provided in the Bay Area.

Hi Jun,

If you can e-mail me the names of the SUnTek and Llumar installers that are closest to you, I'd be happy to reach out to see if they can help.  Maybe I can get them some gel or a trial on the software or something for their help.  My e-mail is jphillips@xpel.com.

Hi Jun,

If you can e-mail me the names of the SUnTek and Llumar installers that are closest to you, I'd be happy to reach out to see if they can help.  Maybe I can get them some gel or a trial on the software or something for their help.  My e-mail is jphillips@xpel.com.

I would be glad to help you out Jun. I am an XPEL dealer in the Santa Clarita area. About 2hrs away though as I know that drive to where you are as I ride dirt bikes out there a lot ;). I can easily correct those issues in the pics you provided and your welcome to come in at anytime. Should not take more than a few mins to correct those issues so if you are coming into LA anytime soon let me know.

Hey Yoda, I know ur store coz I was checking XPEL website. I have contacted the original installer, and he would correct the error when I go back to the Bay Area in January. I probably would go to your shop for opti coat 2.0 next year.

Hey Yoda, I know ur store coz I was checking XPEL website. I have contacted the original installer, and he would correct the error when I go back to the Bay Area in January. I probably would go to your shop for opti coat 2.0 next year.

Glad to hear he will be correcting it. If it does not work out my offer stands and I will take care of that for you. 

Opti-Coat 2.0 is discontinued but we are Optimum dealers and carry the Opti-Coat Pro and Gloss Coating( 2.0's replacement). Hope to see you next year then ;)

Its winter needs time to dry out let me guess you use a pressure washer and wash all the time at car wash.just needs a little trim and a poke with needle for the to bubbles. Its a clear bra not perfect for sure but is there to protect the car not to be invisible.no ones perfect just the one who's birth day is comming up.

Its winter needs time to dry out let me guess you use a pressure washer and wash all the time at car wash.just needs a little trim and a poke with needle for the to bubbles. Its a clear bra not perfect for sure but is there to protect the car not to be invisible.no ones perfect just the one who's birth day is comming up.

I washed my car one time, 3-4 days after installation. I used pressure washer but I was Standing 6 feet away from clear bra because the installer had told me I should keep a certain distance if I used pressure washer.

Archived