am I scammed by XPEL installer in California?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A proper installation should stay down when washed by a pressure washer from a distance, as long as you wait a good 48 hours after the film was applied.  Pretty much every case that we have seen pressure washer issue involved one of the following:

- Pressure washer was used too soon

- Pressure washer was cranked up to 3000 psi and used inches away

- Edges of film were not properly adhered (hanging too far over the edge, or not tested with an air compressor before delivery)

- Person using the pressure washer tried to clean the edges of the film by pointing the washer directly at the edge of the film at the perfect angle from a short distance

As an installer, the best thing you can do to avoid pressure washer issues is to blast the edges of your install with an air compressor.  You'd be surprised how much stuff looks like it is fully adhered but isn't really secure (especially in areas where moisture pools on the edge off the film during the installation.  Having said that, there are a lot of edges to watch for, and it is darn near impossible to make sure you catch everything every time.

JunZ, it sounds like you are taking precautions by using the pressure washer from far away.  If you'd like another option, our rinse free car wash system allows you to wash your car without a hose in the comfort of your garage, but it certainly won't be as quick as driving through an automated car wash.

I usually take my time when I go back to home in the Bay Area. here in China lake, i go to touchless car wash to make sure I won't get any scratches before I get opti coat, and I still spend 30mins to clean the car, but I can't control the water pressure.

i just dont get why you would do anything when you are not in the area you live in? doesnt make sense. :eye

My home is in the Bay Area, and I got my new car in the Bay Area. I am working and living in the middle of no where and there are only Toyota and ford dealers here.

Archived