HELP Viper remote start/ alarm

Guest rhettd

Guest rhettd

I have got a 1999 Chevy Suburban and I just put in a Viper 751 Remote Start/alarm. The system is completely installed and everything works except for the remote start. We have all the wires attached and have gone over every connection and instuctions at least 10 times. When you press the remote start button the system will work fine, the starter will go and it will atempt to start but will die instantantainiously. I know what you are thinking, you have to bypass the passlock II. Done that. We got the GM 555L bypass module and installed it. But nothing has changed from before we put it in. The system will give three atempts at starting the truck and will stop. And also, shouldnt the passlock lock the ignition after 3 failed attemts to start the vehicle without a key, just wondering because it hasnt locked up after numerous attempts. We even disconected the battery and let it sit for a few minutes to reset the system. Every connection is perfect and everything should work, BUT IT DOESNT! Any suggestions or similar occurances with anybody else? Also we cannot seem to get the system to learn the tach speed. We hooked it up to the wire that reads 4.83 volts when running that is located behind the instrament panel. Started the vehicle and held the valet button down within 5 seconds, I must have held that stupid valet button for 5 minutes and never got the led to light up signaling it learned the tach. The books only advise to this is check to make sure the led and valet wires are pluged in to the correct slots. What should I do to find the tack wire and could this be a cause of the remote start system not working.

Thanks a lot, and I would appreciate any reponse.

ok, this sounds like a tach problem (duh) there are two solutions to your dilemma, either go to the ECM under the hood, up near the driver's side of the radiator, big black box, there will be a big black plug marked 'white' you want a white wire there that will meter a few volts at idle, and increase as you rev the engine slowly, or go to a fuel injector wire, find 2 adjavent fuel injectors, there should be a wire that's the same color on both, use the OTHER one (not like color) either of those will give you an accurate tach source. the other solution is to put the remote start in voltage sensing mode and adjust the crank time to 0.8 seconds. this should fix your problem. ALSO when it starts and then dies, does the theft light on the dash blink?? if not its not the passlock II problem. :headbang

Guest rhettd

The security light doesnt really do anything diferant from when you start the car with the key. But you really wouldn't be able to tell, I dont think, because the system kills the power too soon to get ready for the next attempt at starting. I'll try the tach wire on that box and get back to you. Thanks