04 Golf

Guest Tint Wiz

Guest Tint Wiz

Done one today seems bit harder to do than older shape ,front doors bit tighter on seals ,rear 1/4 window ok but back window curves to the sides of the hatch making it a bit harder to shrink took me about 3 hours :) also answering phone calls and makeing tee :spit

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lovetinting
:spit IM NEW I THE TINTING BUT I DID R 04 GOLF TODAY IT TOOK ME 3O MINS TO SHRINK AN PUT THAT REAR BACK GLASS THE BEST WAY .CUT AROUND THE WRIPER FIRST THEN YOU DRY SHRINK IT WITH OUT THE BABY POWER. JUST WORK WITH THE GLOVES. AN PUSH THE FINGER OUT NB PUT R STIKE OF WATER DOWN THE MIDDLE WITH E PAPER TOWEL
Guest Diamond Tints
:evilgrin IM  NEW I THE TINTING BUT I DID R 04 GOLF TODAY IT TOOK ME  3O MINS TO SHRINK AN PUT THAT REAR BACK GLASS THE BEST WAY  .CUT AROUND THE WRIPER FIRST  THEN YOU DRY SHRINK IT WITH OUT THE BABY POWER. JUST WORK WITH THE GLOVES. AN PUSH THE FINGER OUT NB  PUT R STIKE OF WATER DOWN THE MIDDLE WITH E  PAPER TOWEL

[*]172450

Sorry buddy but to say you shrunk and applied a mark 5 golf rear screen in 30 minutes :spit :inot nooooooooo chance these things are a nightmare if anybody is honest will agree with me

I tend to do everything in one piece clios 206 etc etc but these I dont even attempt in one (which I can do ) just the fact I can spend 2 - 3 hours on the rear screen alone in one piece and doing it in two pieces about 45 mins so to say you done it in half an hour is crap

Guest Tint Wiz
:hmmm IM? NEW I THE TINTING BUT I DID R 04 GOLF TODAY IT TOOK ME? 3O MINS TO SHRINK AN PUT THAT REAR BACK GLASS THE BEST WAY? .CUT AROUND THE WRIPER FIRST? THEN YOU DRY SHRINK IT WITH OUT THE BABY POWER. JUST WORK WITH THE GLOVES. AN PUSH THE FINGER OUT NB? PUT R STIKE OF WATER DOWN THE MIDDLE WITH E? PAPER TOWEL

[*]172450

Sorry buddy but to say you shrunk and applied a mark 5 golf rear screen in 30 minutes :hmmm:dunno nooooooooo chance these things are a nightmare if anybody is honest will agree with me

I tend to do everything in one piece clios 206 etc etc but these I dont even attempt in one (which I can do ) just the fact I can spend 2 - 3 hours on the rear screen alone in one piece and doing it in two pieces about 45 mins so to say you done it in half an hour is crap

[*]290681

Iam with you tintboy my first one 05 reg took me about 1 hour for back window in one peice, just take it nice and sloooooooow with that loooooooooow heat gun :cool

Guest atlantic1981
:lol2 IM  NEW I THE TINTING BUT I DID R 04 GOLF TODAY IT TOOK ME  3O MINS TO SHRINK AN PUT THAT REAR BACK GLASS THE BEST WAY  .CUT AROUND THE WRIPER FIRST  THEN YOU DRY SHRINK IT WITH OUT THE BABY POWER. JUST WORK WITH THE GLOVES. AN PUSH THE FINGER OUT NB  PUT R STIKE OF WATER DOWN THE MIDDLE WITH E  PAPER TOWEL

[*]172450

Sorry buddy but to say you shrunk and applied a mark 5 golf rear screen in 30 minutes :dunno:beer nooooooooo chance these things are a nightmare if anybody is honest will agree with me

[*]290681

I dont know how much experience, you guys have, but today I did a 2002 golf 2 door and the back window takes between 20--30 minutes all the time . there is nothing hard about it , unless you have an aftermarket window with an odd curve to it .. I rate that window in a very different category on the hatchback models ,, if you get a hard back window about the same size try the honda civic 2 door hatchback model 1992---94 with the wiper.shocks and cables on the way and then you will be talking dont be a wimp about an easy window like the golf.... good luck and keep trying,,,,java script:emoticon(':lol2')

smilie

Archived