How long does it take to train, and how do you do it?

Wanting to finally train my detailing staff to tint so that I can step back and focus on running the company and maybe a vacation finally (fingers crossed lol)

How long do you think it would take to train someone to at least do a passable quality job (so I could just fix anything they mess up) and does anyone have any tips for training people who would be fairly new to tinting?intent:#Intent;S.K_1171477665=;end

I recommend the training at AutoWIndowTinting.  Flatrockstan has been in the business for many years and is very good at what he does.  He can take people from knowing nothing to being able to tint most vehicles.  They may be a little slower at first, but as time goes on they'll get faster.

Here is a link to his training page:

http://www.autowindowtinting.com/window-tint-training-program-information

or Call at

800-404-8468 or 503-382-9663

I'll let you know as soon as I've stopped learning

:yeah

I've had guys come through our shop with "3 years flat glass experience" that did not know how to pull film out of a box or how to clean up silicone on butt jointed glass.

One brilliant guy did not understand how gravity works in relation to cleaning a 12' pane of glass. I think I've vented about that guy before.

I wish you could make this stuff up.

Archived