Cool Tips--Tools--Hacks

This is my new version of the felt Mactac.  It made it much easier for me personally to be able to just flip real quick if I needed to use the hard card.  And it makes the Mactac more rigid
post-28358-0-51963700-1430176700_thumb.j

For those of you who are not afraid to remove a rear view mirror that involves a rubber hammer....

Q-tips and WD-40( or JB-80 it's better)...  when you go to reinstall the mirror.  Spray a q-tip with wd-40..wipe the mirror button and the mirror mount itself with the q-tip and the mirror will almost slide all the way one with your hand  :cool  Just bump it a little to set it and you're good :D

If you don't already have a stockpile of these,,, get some.  These are great for marking your cuts if you are hand cutting everything.  No need for razor blades to touch the car.  The benefit of having both ends to use really helps.  I usually use the fine tip, but if you need a more noticeable mark, just flip it over and you are good to go.   

post-28358-0-90621800-1433769688_thumb.j

If you don't already have a stockpile of these,,, get some.  These are great for marking your cuts if you are hand cutting everything.  No need for razor blades to touch the car.  The benefit of having both ends to use really helps.  I usually use the fine tip, but if you need a more noticeable mark, just flip it over and you are good to go.   

attachicon.gifsharpie.jpg

I actually bought a pack of 4 of these sharpies that are made by Milwaukee at home depot. Says "Clog resistant tip writes on dusty, wet and oily surfaces and is optimized for rough surfaces such as OSB, cinderblock and concrete"

Which helps because sometimes if I do a pattern and the film isn't entirely dry the sharpie just stops marking for a short time until dried. They've been working well for me so far! 

post-39379-0-34132500-1433781927_thumb.p

Edited by RecklessReflections

I've seen those recently Reckless   :thumb  I haven't tried them yet.  

I know what you mean by the Sharpie stopping when it gets a little wet.  That's the downside to using them.  Also the black can be hard to see on darker films.  

A vinyl guy told be about these white pencils from Staedtler.   These pencils are outstanding.  NON-PERMANENT.  you can wipe your mark off with your finger. I use them on autopaint for lining up decals.  The white shows up great on ALL shades of film.

Give them a try,,, you might really like them.  

post-28358-0-39225100-1433782706_thumb.j