98 Olds Intrigue

Guest BCCwintint

Guest BCCwintint

I tinted the above stated car yesterday and I was wondering...

Is it a common occurence to have to 2-piece the back glass on this car?? I was trying to 1-piece it and I couldn't shrink the film in the upper corners. Too much film up there. So after 2 attempts and a bunch of wasted film, I 2-pieced it and it went better. (The dot matrix is beside the point.) Not that I mind the 2-piecing, because I need the experience. But has anyone else had this problem? Can this back glass be one-pieced? Or is it just my lack of experience? This was my first Intrigue, after all. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. :DD:DD

Can this back glass be one-pieced?

Or is it just my lack of experience? This was my first Intrigue, after all. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.    :DD  :lol

Yes...and Yes

Hang in there and practice...the only tip I can give you that stands out in my mind outside of the great advice you'll find from posts of the past is when you have a large finger like that in each corner and you can't seperate it into 2 smaller ones...aim your heat inside the finger for just a moment which will tend to singe the edgea bit..but not enought to burn it, then chase the trapped hot air down the finger to the point, then back up again ..hard to explain... practice , practice ,practice :DD

Guest mcpcola

I just partially did a 2001 today. The back glass got messed up and I will have to try it again tomorrow. This is my first shrink so I creased it cause I did not read the how to first.

Guest Film ReapeR

Im not 100% but if the 98 olds intrigue has a "duck tale" the back glass curves back out towards the base of the window, you can wet the bottom of the BG and stretch and smooth the film with a hard card...you want to start from the midle and down.

Archived