2015 F-150

autoimage

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2015 F-150 ------  Doors(front and rear) need to be pretty long at the bottom. There is no upper sweep and the only one that is there is really low inside the door panel, it is tough to get it all the way down there(will be interesting to see if they come back because of this).  There is no felt up the sides so no need to tape.  Back glass is pretty easy, just a couple of tight areas, but not hard. It has boarders.   Windshield shrinks real easy and no need to remove the mirror (woohoo).  All in all this is a pretty easy vehicle and nothing off the wall, that I noticed.

Except for the fact the ENTIRE truck is aluminium.  So you PPF guys watch it.  Magnets won't stick and panels might be easy to bend.  

Easiest truck ever!!! just did a 2015 supercab in less then 30 minutes. here's a tip on the back window cut your film 14 1/8" x 58" and reverse roll it in, then cut your ends, starting time from prepping the window to finish just over 4 mins and thats taking your time.

Easiest truck ever!!! just did a 2015 supercab in less then 30 minutes. here's a tip on the back window cut your film 14 1/8" x 58" and reverse roll it in, then cut your ends, starting time from prepping the window to finish just over 4 mins and thats taking your time.

The funky power slider is a little different.  The center is easy---just measure on the inside and cut a square to fit.  The outside windows are easy they just have a couple of tight tool areas but nothing hard.

The funky power slider is a little different.  The center is easy---just measure on the inside and cut a square to fit.  The outside windows are easy they just have a couple of tight tool areas but nothing hard.

I hand cut all my sliders from the inside, for me I find this way easier then having to get a light and then get up in a truck bed and try to cut it. once you figure out how to cut inside all newer back truck windows are easy.

baloochow82, on 06 Feb 2015 - 4:48 PM, said:

I hand cut all my sliders from the inside, for me I find this way easier then having to get a light and then get up in a truck bed and try to cut it. once you figure out how to cut inside all newer back truck windows are easy.

This will not work well on this one because of seatbelts  and power slider tracks

Bham the way around that is you cut your film to just an 1/8" bigger then the window then you only have to trim the top and the one side. I show tinters this trick and they are amazed at how fast you can increase your time on doing a vehicle. I will get a 2015 f-150 on monday with a power slider and let you know how it goes, good thing I have an open lot at ford.

I understand what you are trying to say, but you will see that it is rather tight to try work a knife around those windows............also if you cut on the inside you will be cutting over defroster lines :nono

Another thing about cutting on the inside is that if you run into an older vehicle the frit around the glass will scratch a line when you cut and it will not go away.  You will understand when this happens.  It is not pretty, so beware of cutting on the inside of backglasses  :twocents

Archived