Referral Cards

Hello there. I was curious what any of you Auto guys use for a referral system. I was thinking about getting some cards make with the company info and $10 off any tinting on the front and referred by: John Doe on the back. This way the coupon would make the client want to come to me, and the name on the back I can send them a gift card or some kind of spiff for the lead. Does anyone else do something similar now? I'd like to hear some ideas...

I've thought about doing that before, but much like when people say "I've sent a bunch of people to you", while that may be true.  Most of the time the people that come in don't say who sent them, so you don't know,  Anyway my point is that the last time a shop I was at tried this, it seemed like no one kept up with the referral card or just didn't turn it in?  :dunno

I have a $10 off coupon on my website that has to be printed to use(although if they say they saw it but didn't print it, I still give the $10 off)

This only shows they went to my page though.  It will be interesting to see some responses to this, I would like some more ideas for this also,,,other than just putting on all of my business cards.  

Are you going to do a "Birddog" discount or something for the one who made the referral??  Problem I have with that is keeping up with the birddog discount for that referral until they come back in?? 

A car salesman used that phrase once.  He used to give $100 to every person who referred someone if he made a sale.  I'm sure there is a way to do it with a computer program of some sort, just not sure if I want to try it :? 

I mean, you can make an excel spreadsheet if necessary...Or instead of paying them out, keep a running tab of their referrals and once they send you 20 customers, give them their next job free in basic film or something to that extent. 

Id rather do that than pay for leads...

Agreed.  Most of my regular customers get a pretty good discount anyway.  I think it's just the work and hassle of having to keep up with the referrals that make me look down on the whole situation.  

Archived