2015 Forester tint issues??

bshort

I don't understand. I have tint all windows and windshield on my 2015 2.5 touring, and no rubber was cut. In addition, the film was placed inside and why he cut the the rubber outside?

The rubber was cut on the inside! Some installers "gut" the inside rubber/gasket to hide light gaps. 

Also that outside rubber was melted, not cut. Looks like they shrank on the car or over-heated the outside trying to get a finger to lay down  

Big time melted!!  :blowtorch

I have to back up others on here and say that it's common to cut the rubber on that quarter glass. Usually you can cut it in a way that you can't tell even if you know it's been done. Cutting it helps keep trash from pulling out from behind the gaskets where you can't access to clean.

As some other already have said, cutting the quarter glass is common, but not the way they have done it. It's good that they say they will replace the melted rubber. Almost any tinter would have noticed it before leaving shop and told it to custy....  :facepalm2

Quarter trim does look like crap. I don't know if it could be made to look any better without replacing it..

It could be made to "look" better by making the cut even but never going to "look"right. The amount that was cut off looks crazy to me. As others have said we do "gutter" the trim to hide the tint and light gaps, but from what I can see it's still not even hidden.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I hope when you go back you're in good spirits and maybe talk to manager/owner about the 1/4 window.

Archived