3M Pro series

Actually a lot of people are using it. We have been training on Pro Series for a few months now here at EPD with great success.  The flexibility and clarity make for great installs.  Trainees love it and its user friendliness makes for a short learning curve.  

Any initial quality issues, which come with any new product release, are long gone now.  

Hi all, yes, while there were some initial quality issues, they have been resolved.

New installers are coming out of training much more capable of installing now due to the ease of installation.  Seasoned veterans are picking it up after trying a sample.

Bulk, with the launch of many new products, there are always going to be some challenges.  We are starting to see a better flow of 60" as 3M ramps up production, but we are cautious to not oversell it.  We have some in stock right now if you would like a roll or two.

Anybody in California that would like to sample the new film or arrange for a visit, please feel free to give me a call.

Hello guys. My names James, please see my FB page. You can look it up by show us your tints @ 2409 Kachina Drive 81008. I do some 3m pro clear bra and I love it. I love it as much as Xpel Ultimate. Well better because my rep shows in person and has referred work to me. Lol 

It was a short learning process for me to get this film to lay like glass on even black cars but I am there. I am not in a town where 60" rolls are needed much so I cannot respond to that one. Sorry to have to send you to Facebook, but I only have a phone as a computer for now and FB is automatically loaded when I take a picture.

Thanks

I saw pro series for the first time last week in my shop .I've been installing PPF for 9 years now. First install of the demo day, mazda cx5. ( I do allot of these units at our dealership) I wasn't very happy with the end result. to many glue impressions from finger pressure( using xpel gel for install) and stretch marks. Second attempt was on a vw tiguan black. This hood requires a ridiculous amount of stretch to lay down properly. I have a slightly modified version in my DAP files now that installs easier but requires trimming after the install. Anyway, that install with pro series went much, much better than the first car, very gentle with the film on the install But! one big huge stretch line from the tack point along the ridge lines of that hood. The mirrors, I got allot of silvering on the corners of the mirror where I pull and hold with my palm. Haven't seen silvering in my installs for 3 years with ultimate film, just saying.  

Overall my impression.

Cons

1) glue impression from finger pressure will not come out of this film even when you lift it back up and spray some fluid underneath and massage it. Ultimate film will release that issue when you re-lift the film.

2) stretch marks, god I was really disappointed to see that.

3) the glue is still super sensitive!!

4) It's more than ultimate film in cost

Pros

1) This film has more stretch than ultimate for sure, but the glue is suffering for it I think.

2) The film does not rip as easy which is a plus. Ulimates big weakness you can take it and tear it like paper almost. Pro series takes allot more effort to tear.

3) It allows you to chase dirt or lint with out leaving glue lines later into the install process. I find with ultimate that you have to go after it almost right away

or else you mess up the film.

4) finger compression with this film is really nice. no glue distortion if you happen to be working a stubborn finger for a while.

Do I need more time with this film to figure it out? most likely. Do I want to spend the time trying to figure it out and waste material, when I already have a film that allows for very nice installs in a very quick time frame? No. especially when the films are so dam close to each other! For now it's still Xpel as the film to beat in the PPF game. JMHO

I saw pro series for the first time last week in my shop .I've been installing PPF for 9 years now. First install of the demo day, mazda cx5. ( I do allot of these units at our dealership) I wasn't very happy with the end result. to many glue impressions from finger pressure( using xpel gel for install) and stretch marks. Second attempt was on a vw tiguan black. This hood requires a ridiculous amount of stretch to lay down properly. I have a slightly modified version in my DAP files now that installs easier but requires trimming after the install. Anyway, that install with pro series went much, much better than the first car, very gentle with the film on the install But! one big huge stretch line from the tack point along the ridge lines of that hood. The mirrors, I got allot of silvering on the corners of the mirror where I pull and hold with my palm. Haven't seen silvering in my installs for 3 years with ultimate film, just saying.  

Overall my impression.

Cons

1) glue impression from finger pressure will not come out of this film even when you lift it back up and spray some fluid underneath and massage it. Ultimate film will release that issue when you re-lift the film.

2) stretch marks, god I was really disappointed to see that.

3) the glue is still super sensitive!!

4) It's more than ultimate film in cost

Pros

1) This film has more stretch than ultimate for sure, but the glue is suffering for it I think.

2) The film does not rip as easy which is a plus. Ulimates big weakness you can take it and tear it like paper almost. Pro series takes allot more effort to tear.

3) It allows you to chase dirt or lint with out leaving glue lines later into the install process. I find with ultimate that you have to go after it almost right away

or else you mess up the film.

4) finger compression with this film is really nice. no glue distortion if you happen to be working a stubborn finger for a while.

Do I need more time with this film to figure it out? most likely. Do I want to spend the time trying to figure it out and waste material, when I already have a film that allows for very nice installs in a very quick time frame? No. especially when the films are so dam close to each other! For now it's still Xpel as the film to beat in the PPF game. JMHO

I couldn't have said it better. I got a sample roll to try and had all of the issues you described. The adhesive is just too sensitive and it distorts easily if there is any stretching involved. I do like the flexibility better than Xpel Ultimate though and it doesn't tear like Ultimate does. However it is not as good as Suntek IMHO and I have only had it for about two months. I do not install film unless I have tested it for a while. I have seen too many films over the years that looked great initially then came back for warranty issues within a year. To date I have yet to have a  single warranty claim with Suntek and it is the easiest film to install out there. Makes training much quicker than with any other film out there.

So yes the adhesive is much softer than many other products on the market and this is one of the things that makes it so easy to stretch and relift. The adhesive actually begins hardening within a about 15 minutes after squeegeeing.  

We also encourage installers to try different solutions for the varying climates and conditions in different parts of the country.  We have been using Tint Slime with really good results and very few pressure marks and lift lines can be completely eliminated.

I hope you all keep working with it, I think you will find all of your concerns can be overcome.