3M Pro series

I use a lot of this film.

Precut kits install AOK. Provided it is not under tension, it wraps nicely.

During bulk installs on bumpers, I'm encountering lifting from the stress. Even with liquid adhesive on the tuck areas of stressed edges. I didn't really get that too badly with XPEL Ultimate. I regularly bulk roll bumpers to a high degree of quality with Scotchgard 8 mil, with no retraction after the fact.

Having these issues at dealerships who expect high quality is not only embarrassing, it also raises questions about the installer. I know I'm not crazy here. Does anyone else do bulk good bumpers/mirrors with pro?

Been searching on this forum and read many posts about Scotchgard Pro. Seems the general consensus is Suntek/Xpel. Oh dear.. ordered 3m lol. Should have read more.

My question is however, that later forum posts dated primarily late 2014 and mostly in 2015 say not to even bother using IPA when using this PPF, and to perhaps just use more baby shampoo with distilled water.

Do they mean don't use it at all or just don't use it in the slip solution but do use it on the second bottle to help adhesions.? For those that don't use the one bottle solution per what 3M says.

Some also mention reducing the single bottle mix to 15% IPA or I think just use second bottle with the reduced IPA percentat for edges etc.

Thanks

Edited by limeybastard

A standard two bottle solution is most widely used on the current version of Pro Series.  With the first generation of the film back in 2014 we used an all in one bottle with distilled water.  Distilled is still recommended but not a must.  Listed below is currently what I use and train other with.

Slip:     32 oz. Water with 2-3 mils. of Baby Shampoo (Soap content will change depending on humidity levels and installation temp.)

Tack:   6-8 oz. of 70% IPA in a 32 oz. spray bottle with 24 oz. of Water.  (15-25% IPA depending on what you like if you are using 70% IPA)

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest DIstribution

303-777-4455

todd@interwestdc.com

A standard two bottle solution is most widely used on the current version of Pro Series. With the first generation of the film back in 2014 we used an all in one bottle with distilled water. Distilled is still recommended but not a must. Listed below is currently what I use and train other with.

Slip: 32 oz. Water with 2-3 mils. of Baby Shampoo (Soap content will change depending on humidity levels and installation temp.)

Tack: 6-8 oz. of 70% IPA in a 32 oz. spray bottle with 24 oz. of Water. (15-25% IPA depending on what you like if you are using 70% IPA)

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest DIstribution

303-777-4455

todd@interwestdc.com

Is this film you speak of the new, new version? I've heard it's quite nice. Have yet to get a sample though

Waxworkz,

Sorry for the delay in response.  The New, New Version that you are talking about will be available in early June.  Feel free to get in touch with myself or your local distributor and we can get you a sample.  You can keep your tack solution the same as what I posted above but I would start with about 1 mil. of Baby Shampoo in your slip solution and adjust from there.  You will find that you do not need as much slip from the start for most installations.  Let me know if you have any questions and I am happy to help!

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

303-777-4455

todd@interwestdc.com