PPF for protecting kayak bottom?

Got a new kayak and was thinking about using some as a sacrificial  layer of sorts ?  They only stay in the water -8 hrs. and they yak bottom is smooth as a paint job ( as of now)  Ya'll ever seen it used as such? obviously going to do the bottom (G)

Have actually had a client tell me he had it on his boat. He hit a rock under the water and he seen the crack and could see water but none was coming in due to the ppf.

How is this possible ? If the rock cut through the bottom to the point of cracking he kayak to the point he could see he water, how could it not but leaked through ?

This would have to be a blunt impact crack for this to even be conceivable. I don't see PPF being any better than wrapping a boat in vinyl. The construction of the plastic in a kayak is almost impenetrable so this seems a little unnecessary for a kayak. Seems more logical for a boat. :?:dunno

It's worth a try. But I don't think it will work. And also might actually cause drag in that situation.

:idea Wrap a frisbee. Let it cure. Rub it over the oyster/rock. See what happens. Save yourself some money and get an idea what might happen.

Archived