Plotter Cutting

I?m not trying to throw a :thumb fit. I just want every one to know where I?m coming from. I know that most of this board is anti Plotter (for cutting film). The Problem I have with these anti plotter posts is that I use one for my business. That's why I always feel the need to respond and put my two cents in. People from all over the world find this site and maybe even my town. This is a very informative website for users.... tinters and customers. :thumb "We" being the experts, help people form opinions on what they are looking for. I don't want customers to see the plotter as a bad thing. Like for instance, if they get there car tinted at a shop with a plotter they are going to have light gaps in there windows. I see it as being the same thing as if I were to put down your manufacturer of film. If a group of us started down talking a manufacturer of film, viewers of this site would get the impression that that was a bad film. :lol Well I'll get off my soap box now. If no one agrees, I'll drop it. Can't promise I'll quit throwing my comments in when I see an anti plotter post.

listen up, you shouldn't be worried what others have to say. if you like plotters GREAT!! there are others on the board that use them. everybody had different techniques and although different, more than likely produce the same results. don't fret if people are givin ya gila about your plotter techinques, it's how you choose to apply film. every tinter is different and has his/her own way of doing things, do what works for you and take what you read on the board in stride...they are just bustin yo ballz :thumb

Guest DixieGraphics

:thumb what skittles said

its a matter of personal preference - tinters that think hand cutting is the best way are going to defend that method and people that think plotters are the way to go are going to defend their way

:thumb

Guest metint

Looks as though you'll fit right in VW....

This site seems more about the exchange of experience and ideas and less about selling ideas, or anything else, to anyone who may participate in or view the site... JMO :thumb

I use a plotter on and off everyday. The thing that get me worked up is when people come on here saying how great they are and how you couldn't do ten cars a day without one. The other thing that pisses me off is how they advertise perfect cut everytime. NOT true. It is not possible to get a perfect cut everytime when every piece of glass is a little different.

As for graphics I couldn't do half the cool stuff I do without one. :thumb

Everytime someone comes on here a gives positive input on plotter cuts I will the very next day cut patterns with it and get so pissed when the pattern doesn't line up then I think to myself WTF are these people thinking. They must be just letting this crap go out of the shop. It might me 1/32 off an inch but to me that is to much. The other shops in our area don't file which looks like @#$%. We have to file everything that we plotter cut or it looks like @#$%.

Guest metint
The other thing that pisses me off is how they advertise perfect cut everytime.  NOT true.  It is not possible to get a perfect cut everytime when every piece of glass is a little different.

I did suggest to TT that the word 'precise' would have been more appropriate than the word 'perfect'... it was too late, the brochures had been printed.

:thumb

Archived