LLUMAR CTX and FM RADIO SIGNALS

I've had this happen on an Impala, but it didn't start two years later! It started immediately. I've seen evidence that CTX can conduct. Take a sample of it and put and ohm meter on the adhesive side and see if you get a reading.

As does Huper 30, but there is no metal in ceramic.  :lol

I've had this happen on an Impala, but it didn't start two years later! It started immediately. I've seen evidence that CTX can conduct. Take a sample of it and put and ohm meter on the adhesive side and see if you get a reading.

As does Huper 30, but there is no metal in ceramic.  :lol

You're right no metal in that ceramic... a non-metallic substance can be conductive...

I've watched an R&D brain from a well-known mfg place typing paper over a defroster antenna and it killed the signal... sometimes its more than just the metal or lack thereof. :twocents

My local Ford Dealership was having many problems with in glass antennae, whether filmed or not. the problem was diagnosed as poor defroster tab connection to the glass. Resoldering all connections provided the fix.

But they will always blame the tint first, not their product.

Archived