Xpel
suntekfilms
armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
E CLIPSETINT.CA

LLUMAR CTX and FM RADIO SIGNALS

I have a customer that tinted a 2012 accord coupe    2 years ago now he has noticed that certain fm stations do not work when the rear defroster is turned on. has anyone ever heard of this happening?

2 years ago and they r just now finding this out? I would think this would have been noticed like a month afterwards. I don't know your answer but that just my 2 cents

I've had this happen on an Impala, but it didn't start two years later! It started immediately. I've seen evidence that CTX can conduct. Take a sample of it and put and ohm meter on the adhesive side and see if you get a reading.

I've had this happen on an Impala, but it didn't start two years later! It started immediately. I've seen evidence that CTX can conduct. Take a sample of it and put and ohm meter on the adhesive side and see if you get a reading.

As does Huper 30, but there is no metal in ceramic.  :lol

As does Huper 30, but there is no metal in ceramic.  :lol

You're right no metal in that ceramic... a non-metallic substance can be conductive...

I've watched an R&D brain from a well-known mfg place typing paper over a defroster antenna and it killed the signal... sometimes its more than just the metal or lack thereof. :twocents

My local Ford Dealership was having many problems with in glass antennae, whether filmed or not. the problem was diagnosed as poor defroster tab connection to the glass. Resoldering all connections provided the fix.

But they will always blame the tint first, not their product.