2015 charger

jayson3st

Steel wool and Clay the back window (like detailing Clay) scrub the crap out of the BG like crazy...Ohhhh and sand the matrix with 1000 grit sand paper and you get rid of that ugly white up to...And right before you install turn on the car and turn on the rear defroster....Make sure u scrub The bottom corner defroster alot

IMG_20170302_184348.jpg

I see the 2017 still has the rear defroster lines as the 2011...thick and always a pain to deal with....just did one and had to send out due to major peanuts in all locations...first to have that many...been using the same trick for the past 6 years and sometimes it works sometime it just have to cure by itself...used stool wool all the time... and it helps to not shirk it so much towards the sides...any other ideas you guys have tried. Much appreciated 

no more problems with peanuts.  I use probond on the grid and frit and sticks with no issues.  strong cleaner degreaser to clean and start car, turn on defrost to heat grid before you hang if you do not have probond.  rapid tac 2 if you get peanuts,  peel back a bit and spray straight.  stuff dries quick.

On 6/24/2015 at 10:47 PM, yoderge2 said:

I just did one two days ago and just had an absurd amount of peanuts along the defroster lines. I cleaned it with some fine steel wool and a really concentrated dirt off solution and still had them. Only seems to be prevalent in these mopar back windows any suggestions? I used llumar pinnacle on it.

I use a razor on the defrosters, no you will not take it off, they are made thicker than usual, why i dont know. But just make sure you clean the windows thruly