2015 charger

jayson3st

I hate the third brake light in that car, it doesn't just pop out like the one in the challenger, there are 2 10mm bolts you have to take out under the headliner in order to get this light out. Cutting it out just looks damn weird

Forgot about those. You know how it is, you tint so many cars that its hard to remember things like that. But once its in the shop you automatically grab that 10mm.

I just did one two days ago and just had an absurd amount of peanuts along the defroster lines. I cleaned it with some fine steel wool and a really concentrated dirt off solution and still had them. Only seems to be prevalent in these mopar back windows any suggestions? I used llumar pinnacle on it.

Ok, so finally someone else mentioned it. I'm not using the same film, but... holy hell, what is up with the god damned peanuts? I've done a couple Chrysler products that have been ridiculous with it. It makes no sense.

For the record, they were all with CXP 70. Very specific, had to be that film, by request. I have found certain new Chargers and 300's to be a peanut filled hell though. Why??

Anyone have any possible solutions for the bg on the challengers/chargers and 300's? I'm doing a Hell Cat right now and the peanuts are all over. I've tried leaving it in the sun then touchup, I've tried the heat gun, nothing seems to work. I need HELP!!!

Interesting that you are having peanut issues on a Challenger??  That backglass has very little shrink to it.  

Questions:  are you dry shrinking?  If so, are you using a large anchor area across the center and  pushing as much as you can, top and bottom, leaving only small short fingers.....    or are you using a small anchor in the center and shrinking from there??   

Anyone have any possible solutions for the bg on the challengers/chargers and 300's? I'm doing a Hell Cat right now and the peanuts are all over. I've tried leaving it in the sun then touchup, I've tried the heat gun, nothing seems to work. I need HELP!!!

Steel wool, I use it on the three cars you mentioned.

I am dry shrinking with large anchor. The film has little to shrink but 5 or 10 mins after install there are air bubbles all over the defroster lines. Seems that air is coming in from under the film on the sides of the glass and they will not go away. (maybe misused the term peanuts)