2015 charger

jayson3st

I am dry shrinking with large anchor. The film has little to shrink but 5 or 10 mins after install there are air bubbles all over the defroster lines. Seems that air is coming in from under the film on the sides of the glass and they will not go away. (maybe misused the term peanuts)

I use steel wool on every window I do that has defroster lines!!! :bingo

I'll try steel wool

Try it and let us know it you think it makes a difference please.  :hat  

Anyone have any possible solutions for the bg on the challengers/chargers and 300's? I'm doing a Hell Cat right now and the peanuts are all over. I've tried leaving it in the sun then touchup, I've tried the heat gun, nothing seems to work. I need HELP!!!

Steel wool, I use it on the three cars you mentioned.

So I do work for a Dodge dealership and have done many Chargers over the last couple of years. Until recently I've had no issues with peanuts. However, the last three that I've done have had a ton of peanuts in the BG!!!! I use 000 steel wool and then scrub with a white scotchbrite. I do an H pattern with dryer sheets and make my middle mark a little higher in the glass. I heat slow and move around and have never had a problem with shrinking it. I've done it this way for many of these cars with no issues but lately this car has become my nemesis!!!!!

I've cut back on soap, but with to little soap and with this big BG it makes it difficult to get it in position. I'm just a little lost on what to do. I'm thinking of trying what the PPF guys do and try and put in some alcohol into my slip solution or try and use a separate solution of just alcohol and water after I get the film onto the glass.

I just did another one tonight and I even had a peanut smack dab in the middle bottom of the glass!

Any other suggestions you guys have that maybe I should try?

I've always used #000 Steel wool.  Basically take each defroster line and rub.  Its tedious but most generally produces a peanut free job.  It seems as long as its #000 or #0000 you can't rub them down to much.  Basic dryer sheet, "H" pattern set a bit higher, shrink and smooth down with a black Teflon card to ensure it shrank sufficiently.  Wipe interior bg, squeegee, and reverse roll.  Easy peasy......and peanut free.

On a side note I'm looking for any pics of 2015/2016 new style Dodge Charger's tinted up?  If anyone has any could you please post up.  All I have seen to have found are the 2006-2010 models and 2011-2014 body style.

Happy Tintin'