2004 toyota 4runner

magictinter

I have problem, I did a 2004 toyota 4runner about a week ago (front two doors only) it had some small dots at the top of each glass, which me nor the owner were satisfied with. so told him I would like to redo them. I only have one small problem, I cant get a blade down in between the front bottom of the glass and the door panel. you all know like the f150's and expeditions. he already told me that he would rather not take the door panel off. do any of you have any suggstions as how to get the glue out of there. or maybe a special blade holder or something. thanks

I have problem, I did a 2004 toyota 4runner about a week ago (front two doors only) it had some small dots at the top of each glass, which me nor the owner were satisfied with. so  told him I would like to redo them. I only have one small problem, I cant get a blade down in between the front bottom of the glass and the door panel. you all know like the f150's and expeditions. he already told me that he would rather not take the door panel off. do any of you have any suggstions as how to get the glue out of there. or maybe a special blade holder or something. thanks

I would MAY BE try the Long Handle Scraper.

I have one of those bigz, but it has a set screw sticking out on it and that alone makes it to big to fit. these glasses and door panels are tight. I mean like 3/8 of an inch tight.

Damn. Bro I neva tinted this Year Runner. YOu could try Taking out the Gasket like the S500. stick a slammer, inbetween the pannel and the gasket and Pry Back if it pops. you can Easily Take it out. Thats how most of the new car Gaskets COmes out.

Sorry I coul'd'nt be of any Help Good LUCk with it and tell me how it COmes out.

Guest ecrew16

I have an 06 runner. Done my front windows too many times to count. The only way to get the adhesive residue is the pull the panels off. They are cake to pull off too not to worry. Everything is easily exposed from there

I have an 06 runner. Done my front windows too many times to count. The only way to get the adhesive residue is the pull the panels off. They are cake to pull off too not to worry. Everything is easily exposed from there

:unsure: pull the panels. It will make it easy to get the glue off and make it easy to retint. :scotty

Archived