tint manufactures

Guest typer215

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds

I know that the film manufacturer's all claim to give a lifetime warranty just to attract more sales but it all depends upon the company that installs the film if the warranty is valid or not.

I have seen alot of shops that do tinting and on their receipt, they just put down something like window tinting 20% on the rear doors and back glass. They fail to put down what type of film as well as the roll numbers so when and if the customer has a problem and goes back to that tint company, they can refuse to warranty the work and there is no way of tracking down which film manufacturer made that film.

My comment is in regards to the shop that installs because a good shop will always honor their work regardless whether the tint manufacturer's do or not.

That's not always true LS, when it was up to me, I never bothered with the manufuckturers clap trap warranty, if a job came back due to film failure, I ate it, redid the work on my time, no cost to my boss aside from film. not all of us are blood sucking maggots, and not all of us swallow the party line.

Warranty is every thing!!! If a customer gets there car tinted and in 4 or 5 years the film fails there are only a couple of manufactures that will stand by there warranty.  Sungard being one of them.

To the best of my knowledge Sungard has never denied a legitimate warranty claim.

Bullshit man!

Ask my mate who is out of pocket 6 grand. :lol

Ride on OT. :popcorn

Devil

Guest Litespeeds
when it was up to me, I never bothered with the manufuckturers clap trap warranty, if a job came back due to film failure, I ate it, redid the work on my time, no cost to my boss aside from film.

I thought that was what I was trying to say. GOOD tint shops will always take care of their customers regardless if the film manufacturer's do or not. :thumb

What I was trying to say is: There are alot of tint shops that tell their customers they install films with lifetime warranty. When their customer's have a problem, they do not take care of them and just turn them away. When those customer's come to my shop to see what I can do, I tell them that without the type of film and the roll numbers, I can not claim reimbursement from the film manufacturers so I will have to charge them for removing and retinting. I feel bad because if the original company had filled out all the proper documents and information, I will be able to redo the job for that person for free and have a customer for life.

We always honor all of our tint jobs whether the film manufacturer pays us or not. We feel that it is part of the service that we provide our customers. If they have a problem, we usually try our best to solve it. :rollin

Archived