2015 jetta back glass

Guest jughead1812121

Guest jughead1812121

i work for a volkswagen dealership so i do alot of jettas and passats. my problem is i always almost burn the bottom every time. i can get it to lay down actually in the car but i have tried everything from holding my heat gun further away to turning the temp down on my heat gun. any suggrstions or tips would be appreciated.

Wish I could help more. Never used Marathon, just Silhouette. Never had an issue with it except it being a hybrid film with metal and would interfere with some of my customers AM stations when the antenna was built in the back glass. 

no worries. ive only been here two months and been tinting for three years. so its probably just user error.

Plotter cut or off the roll hand cut??  I really think some of these issues with the film curling and burning when you get close to edges, is because of the plotter cutting the pattern before shrinking. 

Most of the time when I have issues shrinking film on a more curved glass that has been plotter cut, that is usually the problem. To cut by hand is really easy. Just make sure to use SS blades and not put too much pressure on the film to where you could cut through the film and scratch the glass. It also helps while making your final cut to fit the glass, to have plenty of lighting on the inside of the car to help assist where you need to make your cuts. I usually put a shop light on the rear deck and turn the shop lights off so there is more lighting on the interior. 

I use solargard supreme series 1 mil window film. I have been tinting for a VW dealer in house for almost 5 years now and never have this problem. I hand cut all my rear glass, never use a potter for them. I think it might be a film or plotter issue because those back windows are really easy to shrink.

Archived