2015 jetta back glass

Guest jughead1812121

I use solargard supreme series 1 mil window film. I have been tinting for a VW dealer in house for almost 5 years now and never have this problem. I hand cut all my rear glass, never use a potter for them. I think it might be a film or plotter issue because those back windows are really easy to shrink.

No disrespect but reading supreme and 1 mil window film sounds kinda funny. I have never installed that line of film. Did you possibly mean to say 1 ply?

I use solargard supreme series 1 mil window film. I have been tinting for a VW dealer in house for almost 5 years now and never have this problem. I hand cut all my rear glass, never use a potter for them. I think it might be a film or plotter issue because those back windows are really easy to shrink.

HP or NR supreme?

One of my old accounts I did work for used HP supreme and I absolutely despised it. I found it to be one of the more difficult films to shrink and don't get me started on how poor the adhesive would stick to the back glass, especially the matrix. Too many peeling issues for my liking.

I'm using NR. Reps up here talk in 1mil and 1.5 mil terms. I just go off that. I don't like thicker films because they tend to want to curl on the bottom corners during a shrink. Hard to pull off the wall later when all it wants to do is roll up onto itself.

Archived