Shaving edges with a file

On 12/4/2018 at 1:55 PM, Sunbreakers said:

Also when you file and are going towards the top of the window with the file try to resist the temptation to go sideways at the same time...just straight up..I find if I try to file up and sideways a little that can cause you to take chunks out of the film. 

Rotate the file so the cut on the file is going in the direction of the sideways cut. If i said that right. Like if you want to go sideways you can aim the cut on the file into it. 

4 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Rotate the file so the cut on the file is going in the direction of the sideways cut. If i said that right. Like if you want to go sideways you can aim the cut on the file into it. 

Yes, @Tint Slayer, I think we both meant to make sure that the file "grain" goes in the same direction as your filing motion...in other words don't go up and down with the file and try to move it sideways for any reason. Angle the file in the same direction you intend to push. I sometimes try to file too much at one time by going straight up and sideways in the same motion. 

9 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

Yes, @Tint Slayer, I think we both meant to make sure that the file "grain" goes in the same direction as your filing motion...in other words don't go up and down with the file and try to move it sideways for any reason. Angle the file in the same direction you intend to push. I sometimes try to file too much at one time by going straight up and sideways in the same motion. 

You said it way better than me lol I started using a longer file so i follow thru with the same motion/position better with the one long movement