Peanuts?

finishlineautosports

Anybody having issues with peanuts on defrost lines on newer dodge chrysler vehicles? I did a 15 charger last week and they formed right away, couldn't get them to go down completely they were only here and there and the customer had to leave and was going to bring car back but has not yet...

I personally bought a 15 300s yesterday and I have 5-6 peanuts on defroster lines also...I believe they will just push out in a few days but how do I prevent this from even happeneing to begin with or once tint is applied and they form how can I get rid of them? I'd post pics but my wife took the car to work this am.

What method do you use to shrink? I'll get more peanuts if I use a wet shrink instead of the dry soap shrink.

I've noticed a coating on some defrosters that makes them raise, or just thick lines will do it too. If I hit it with some steel wool to knock them down first it helps a little.

I have a pretty large Chrysler dealership I look after. Those newer 300's are a mixed bag, and I can't figure out if it's film or windows that's the issue. They either are completely fine with some steel wool/extremely fine sand paper or a huge PITA. Including the band of dots along the bottom. I can't peg what the issue is. One will be perfectly fine. The next one, a peanut filled nightmare. I was basically told there's two different places/companies that make Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram/Fiat's back windows and depending on the model or year, it is what it is. I don't get it. It's tint roulette.The messed up thing is, just by looking at any of them, the ones you don't think will be a problem, are one, and the ones you don't think will be, are a problem.