2015 Chrysler 200 - How to get around big side seals?

McCoyH

I'm not families with what issues Lani glass causes in roll ups, could you give me a summary? Why do you have to be careful?

By the way, install went WAY better after pulling bottom seals

Laminated glass is basically 2 pieces of glass fused together with a special type of plastic. Like the windshield if you try heating the glass from the outside once it's installed you can easily crack it.

By the time the heat transfers from the first layer of glass through the plastic then the second piece of glass and finally to the tint the outer layer will have taken too much heat and crack.

So always heat from the inside once installed

Also when removing the sweeps just be careful not to accidentally pry on the glass with a hook tool as that will crack it as well.

Glad it went well for you :thumb

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you pulling the sweeps on these? Pop the top and pull them out? Does the top pop back on easy?

They pop out easily. This is true, however personally I take the whole panel off because I watched the boss shred the cheap "leather" with the a sweep...

Only done 2 but I think there are 3 bolts, or 2. One is behind the marker light, one is behind the handle, and I can't remember off the top of my head where the 3rd is.

BEWARE the cheap leather!

How are you pulling the sweeps on these? Pop the top and pull them out? Does the top pop back on easy?

Just pop the top, there are four or five clips. You can always take one panel off just to get an idea but I've probably done thirty plus of the new 200s and have never had to pull a panel.

That being said if you're more compfortable pulling the panel I'm sure they come off easy. Wouldn't be able to help you there though since I've never pulled one on these. As far as getting it back in yes it's very easy. Slide it back on and pop the clips back into place.

I've never had an issue damaging the leather but like most things now days you need to be extra careful since everyone seems to use cheap parts and products.

Bottom sweeps out, lots of slip and dont do any touch up shrinking on the inside of the glass the door panel material will fry like butter as mentioned before and you're golden.... still a Chrysler tho....

Archived