DIYer

Guest thetintshop

That's what the guys use by me TTS...Only Essex urethene, and primers, and only Pilkington, PPg, and OEM stuff. These guys are good, I've been around alot of glass shops and seen the nightmares firsthand. Just like anything else, you want cheap, you get crap. Simple enough. :evileye

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the insight fellows ,now that Im educated a little more ,Im considering replacing shop van glass 97 caravan of coarse,with heated windshield :lol The mobile guy that does a lot of my accounts told me 289.00 if I helped him ,I figured that BazzG would be a handful :evileye

Guest thetintshop

that's a pretty good "friend" price. :evileye

I just went and looked those up. the NAGS list is like $740. I have a customer that has a town & country (the same thing as yours). she broke hers like 4 times in one year. that was a couple years ago. back then, the NAGS list on that heated windshield was over $2000. :lol shows you how much the tiawanese guys are bringing our market down.

Guest thetintshop
That's what the guys use by me TTS...Only Essex urethene, and primers, and only Pilkington, PPg, and OEM stuff.  These guys are good, I've been around alot of glass shops and seen the nightmares firsthand.  Just like anything else, you want cheap, you get crap. Simple enough.  :evileye

:lol all the good glass places I know use essex. and Pilkington or PPG (or oem) is the only glasses I would ever put in my own cars.

but those of us that use those kind of products are growing smaller everyday. alot of shops are now carrying the cheap crap so they can get some work.

3 years ago, you could drive within 20 minutes of my shop and find 4 glass shops offering Pilkington glass. now I'm the only one in a hours drive. all the rest offer fung yang group, or fuyao, or northstar. and all of them are WAYYYY cheaper than I am. needless to say, 90% of the glass I do is insurance work.

Guest thetintshop
I would have loved to watch that guy put that glass in if he had`nt wussed out :lol

BLACK urethane all over his hands, interior, glass, paint :evileye

:lol that ain't no gila.

urethane is awful. when you get it around your fingernails, you get to wear it off for the next week. nothing is gonna get that crap out. all my work clothes have the "glass installers signature" on them. (little black spots here and there)

its amazing how one little smiggen of urethane can get ALL OVER THE PLACE :lol man that @#$% sucks, I put them in here at longhorn for about 4 years :lol at first it was a friggin nightmare, after quite a few I could put one in without making a mess, but they sure as hell suck :lol wd40 was my best friend :evileye

Guest Sprinter

I'll have to agree with ot and tts that the glass biz is more cut throught than the tint business. you think tint here is whored out glass is even more so than you can imagine!

Guest thetintshop
its amazing how one little smiggen of urethane can get ALL OVER THE PLACE :lol man that @#$% sucks, I put them in here at longhorn for about 4 years :lol at first it was a friggin nightmare, after quite a few I could put one in without making a mess, but they sure as hell suck :lol wd40 was my best friend :evileye

:lol yep, a tiny dab on one of your fingers has the abilty to completely turn your entire hands black.

I use gas to remove it from everything. except my clothes. if it gets on my clothes, they're just ruined. trying to clean them just makes the spot bigger.

Archived